DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Photo Quality is AWFUL... Please help!

Matt Ruggz

Reactions
Hi guys,
As I am looking around at everyone's footage from the Mavic, I'm noticing that the still photos that come off of mine are very low resolution compared to everyone else...

The resolution straight off the SD card is 960x720 shot in RAW. A few samples are attached to this thread.

If anyone can let me know what to do to resolve this, or confirm that this is normal, it'd be much appreciated!DJI_0054.jpg DJI_0007.jpg

You need to adjust your photo settings from the DJI GO 4 app. There's an option on the right hand side just below the record button that allows you to do that. You can raise the quality all the way up to 4000x3000 (12MP)

You can only do this when your Mavic is connected however as the settings need to be sent to the drone.

Well my RAW shots are 3992x2992 and almost 25MB in size straight off the SD card. Not sure if there's a setting to change, but your shots are not the normal size for sure

You need to adjust your photo settings from the DJI GO 4 app. There's an option on the right hand side just below the record button that allows you to do that. You can raise the quality all the way up to 4000x3000 (12MP)

You can only do this when your Mavic is connected however as the settings need to be sent to the drone.
This should've been a no-brainer :p Thanks!!

I'm sure I've seen the settings somewhere. Maybe touch the camera data below the status bar and/or the SD capacity data. Maybe it's under the video settings. If not there maybe @msinger can help.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The resolution straight off the SD card is 960x720 shot in RAW.
This is correct for the RAW, until you convert it.
There is only one size for the RAW file recorded.

Don't panic, like any new camera it takes a while to get the best from it.
1) Make sure it's focused on the main area of interest.
2) Pay attention to exposure - use the Histogram or at least observe the EV
3) White balance is generally best locked rather than Auto.
4) RAW generally gives considerably better results than the JPG - provided you have suitable software to process them.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
There is a problem with Windows 10 where it reports 960x720 for 4:3 and 960:540 for 16:9
If you open file in Lightroom you'll see proper resolution and you will be able to save it in other format with full resolution.

Reactions: sonof40 and 4wd
There is a problem with Windows 10 where it reports 960x720 for 4:3 and 960:540 for 16:9
If you open file in Lightroom you'll see proper resolution and you will be able to save it in other format with full resolution.

Widows (sorry Windows) always gives you problems... :)

Ah! You're right about being able to see the proper resolution, but the quality of the photo is the same, if not worse after I rendered it out of Lightroom

This is correct for the RAW, until you convert it.
There is only one size for the RAW file recorded.

Don't panic, like any new camera it takes a while to get the best from it.
1) Make sure it's focused on the main area of interest.
2) Pay attention to exposure - use the Histogram or at least observe the EV
3) White balance is generally best locked rather than Auto.
4) RAW generally gives considerably better results than the JPG - provided you have suitable software to process them.
I shoot RAW, and even after putting it in Lightroom and messing around with it a little, the quality of the photo is still not good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98