DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic platinum - dead battery after being out in elements

Robert S

Reactions
I recently lost my MP in Litchfield National Park (Aus) at the top of a waterfall. I was unable to recover it, but an adventurous kindly soul found it and contacted me through the DJI website. I've got it back now (restores faith in humanity). It must have spent a couple of weeks in the elements, in the NT Wet season.

I'd been using an old Mavic Pro battery in my Platinum. It would have run completely flat when I lost it.

The drone seems to work fine with another battery (except for broken props and needing forward sensor calibration), but the battery is completely dead. No lights go on when I attempt to charge it. The battery looks completely intact.

Does anyone have any thoughts on resurrecting a non-functioning battery, or should I bin/recycle it?

Reactions: old man mavic
Bin it (as environmentally possible of course).
Not worth risking your aircraft again with it.
FYI, Teds Cameras may still have the MP batteries.
I recently picked up 2 for $99 each, usually $149, but just went to get you a link and not shown.
Maybe chat them via their website, they may have some somewhere to clear (looks like no longer stocking them).

even if you could get it to charge would you want it to be in the Mav when you flew it, simple answer no

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Thanks for advice. Will bin. Saw them on OfficeWorks for $99 each. Will consider. Already have one spare . . .

Oh yeah, I'd grab one at $99 if I were in your place, most of the time you only see them for the usual DJI retail of AUD$149.
Funny though, I was involved i na thread just a month or so back, wanting a couple of batteries and someone else said Officeworks $99.
When I looked, and just now too, nope, just shows $149.

But then I got the tip for Teds, and managed to snare a couple up online, for pick up in Brissy, where I was until recently on a work trip.

Good luck with the search, if not in a hurry you will probably find them up for the 33% off sometime or another.

(Edit, was not a battery thread, but here . . . Hi from Western Australia! )

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78