DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Area

What do I need to reset on my Mavic Pro in order to fly indoors?
I really wouln't! The Mavic Pro is designed around using GPS for stability, and therefore, since you are most likely to get blockage of GPS in your 'indoors' location, it's going to need constant attention just to keep it steady. You also have to watch things like 'Return to Home' - because you can get to the end of your struggle to fly the thing indoors, and then when the battery drops, it will suddenly do its RTH and lawn-mower the light fittings off the ceiling! If you want to get some insight, just have a look at the drone crash video's on YouTube. There are a high proportion of those that are indoors - and hopefully, they will put you off and save your Mavic, interior fixtures, and relationship!

Are you talking about a house or something with wide open space like a large gymnasium?

I’ve flown in an empty gym using ATTI mode with no issues with my Mavic Pro and my Solo. I would never fly indoors in GPS mode. Set RTH to hover or land. I would never fly indoors in a smaller space. And definitely not in a house. I use my smaller less dangerous quads for those fun indoor flights like my Hubsan.

Reactions: mereflyer
A large gymnasium
Set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" just in case you lose the remote controller connection while flying. You don't want to your Mavic to try flying home if it somehow manages to get a good GPS connection indoors.

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

And make sure you land before the battery reaches the critically low level. Again, you don't want to get into any situations where it tries to fly home.

I agree not a good idea to fly indoors. As some have already stated. I have rigged up a telescoping pole that goes up 13 feet. Hooked up the Mavic Pro to it just for indoor video or pictures. Looks like its flying and much safer. No body can tell the difference unless I tell them that the bird is on a pole.

They always say it’s a bad idea. I hovered in the kitchen once and landed.

I have flown my pro inside my house many times but the spark is better inside . You must pay attention!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev