DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery drain and crashed into the ocean - lost

bennydanny

Reactions
Hello forum!

I was flying my mavic pro over the water (ocean) yesterday and it was around 1km from "home" with more then 30% battery. I've pressed the "return home" option and suddenly the percentage started dropping 1-2% every 10 seconds. The drone became unresponsive, I couldn't control it anymore and it started landing automatically on the water. Now I'm "stuck" with a lost drone, lost footage (I was working on a project with some deadlines). Also, I'm stuck with one controller, two batteries and a lot of accessories, but no drone. All of this because of a faulty battery that started draining for no reason at all. It's a shame something like this happends.

Reactions: wsteele
You might be able to track it down with the data from your TXT flight log. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: Simmo
You might be able to track it down with the data from your TXT flight log. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
Thanks. In what folder can I find that txt file?

Please see the instructions here.

I am far from an expert in this field but your battery drained gradually and there was no sudden drop at all it warned of a return to home also the home point was only set I think 12 seconds into the flight the mavic was in sport also at the start on the way out theres a few guys here who will review these pal for you I will se if they spot what I can see also

you were 17,000 feet out at one point and you got this message and kept travelling
6m 54.7s Sport 16satellites 391.7ft N/A 33.7mph 16,621.2ft 66% 10.962V 3.657V 3.659V 3.646V 0.013V Warning__The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.

Reactions: SxSmith
You had wind out of NW at 32 km/h gusting up to 46 km/h.
The aircraft was not able to gain enough speed to reach the home-point.

2018-03-28  14.38.58.png

It looks like it was just too windy for it to make it back to the home point in time. It's not going to be easy to retrieve (unless you know a diver). According to your log, it should be close to 37.94856796, -8.86959244.

It looks like it was just too windy for it to make it back to the home point in time. It's not going to be easy to retrieve (unless you know a diver). According to your log, it should be close to 37.94856796, -8.86959244.
Sport mode all the way out with following wind.
Then came back in P against the wind.
Sorry OP but this is why the battery did not last to get you back home.

Reactions: PolarBZ
Sorry for your loss. Whenever you fly in sport mode and it gives you the warning 'The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.' Do that straight away or start planning for a landing spot between you and where the drone is.

Guys wasn't there another post that the logs showed the smart battery get to about 40% and drop to zero?? Where is that thread please?

Ouch .... yep the wind was the grim reaper here.... 10m/s is the max for MA, at times it was 12/ms. You just flew to far out in strong winds and then it didn’t have enough juice to fight its way back. I think if you’d dropped altitude to about 20 meters where the wind may have been weaker you’d have got back. RIP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78