DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Disconnected in Midair

jetiscool

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Pro along the beach and it was extremely windy. My friend moved the landing pad a few feet away and below the drone. I moved it back, and it just sped passed the point where I tried to stop it. Afterwards, I tried to move it forward and above the landing pad, but the it would not budge! Then I tried to move the landing pad under the drone and a gust of wind swooped in, carrying the pad right into the drone sending it out of the air and onto the sand.
Things to know:
Mavic was in GPS mode (it said on the controller and I usually use beginner mode)
It was pretty windy
On my phone, it showed no camera connection.

And is the Mavic Pro good for wind?

Last edited:
wow that must have been some wind to carry your launch pad away, the mav can handle pretty good wind,ive never had a wind warning come up, i dont really understand your post though, u kept moving the launch pad becuase?? were u trying to land when the wind ifted the pad up? did u use return to home to land or push the stick in the down position to land?

wow that must have been some wind to carry your launch pad away, the mav can handle pretty good wind,ive never had a wind warning come up, i dont really understand your post though, u kept moving the launch pad becuase?? were u trying to land when the wind ifted the pad up? did u use return to home to land or push the stick in the down position to land?
Sorry. The drone was not moving, and we worried that we may land in the sand and not on the launch pad, I was a little worried. So I just slid the pad near or under the drone. Sorry about that. I used the sticks to fly above the pad, but hey were not working. The drone did not respond and I lost all camera connection

I was flying my Mavic Pro along the beach and it was extremely windy. My friend moved the landing pad a few feet away and below the drone. I moved it back, and it just sped passed the point where I tried to stop it. Afterwards, I tried to move it forward and above the landing pad, but the it would not budge! Then I tried to move the landing pad under the drone and a gust of wind swooped in, carrying the pad right into the drone sending it out of the air and onto the sand.
Things to know:
Mavic was in GPS mode (it said on the controller and I usually use beginner mode)
It was pretty windy
On my phone, it showed no camera connection.

And is the Mavic Pro good for wind?

It sounds like you need more flying experience before heading to the beach. You also need to learn how to hand catch the drone so you're not landing in sand or dirt.

Reactions: Skeye

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31