DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

Do you prefer to update soon as you're prompted or wait and hear about bugs and fun-killing new features, etc?

My OCD forces me to upgrade immediately. As a matter of fact, it's time to feed the kids but I'm gonna pause lunch-time to execute this update. They better hope I don't run into installation issues. hahaha! j/k.

Everyone please take note:

"Once the firmware has been updated, it can not be downgraded to a previous version."

"Please not that firmware update may reset various Main controller setting such as RTH Altitude, and maximum flight distance to factory defaults."

I would recheck ALL my settings after the update.

I upgraded the MPP first...no issues using Assistant 2. Then went to upgrade the controller. At 72pct, it sat for a LONG time, then suddenly started beeping with "To Shutdown...". Eventually, it shut down. The Assistant 2 screen still said 72%. After letting it sit there for a while, I restarted my controller. Suddenly, Assistant 2 said, 100% and said it completed the upgrade successfully.

Rather than trust things like that, I clicked REFRESH. It came back and said 100% complete again...pretty quickly. So I'm guessing my upgrade went OK.

Before I take the bird up to make sure everything is OK...does this sound right to those that know?

Thanks,
- Gary

Mine hung at 99% from upgrading it from a crystal sky. Restarted everything and it shows successful. Plugged the Mavic into DJI assistant and showed the right version....i assume it was successful...haven’t flown yet but controller connects to it fine....

Reactions: Former Member
The one thing that has changed for me is this, the MPP sat in 3D space as if it was on a tripod. Now, after the update the Unit drifts up and down a few inches and side to side a few inches. I'm not liking that at all.

Updated and test flew. No issues at all. Can't see anything new or change.
The upgrade took about 25 mins via Go 4 on my tablet, Batteries didnt require an update.
It kept from what i can see all settings but i always do a full reset of everything and full recalibrate after an update just in case.

Nothing new and no changes that i can see to the app, functions or anything. Still won't downlink/sync HD photos from the drone to an android tablet (but i think thats a DJI go problem as it works on old versions and stopped on anything newer than Feb).

No errors, no warnings, no lag.

Updated and test flew. No issues at all. Can't see anything new or change.
The upgrade took about 25 mins via Go 4 on my tablet, Batteries didnt require an update.
It kept from what i can see all settings but i always do a full reset of everything and full recalibrate after an update just in case.

Nothing new and no changes that i can see to the app, functions or anything. Still won't downlink/sync HD photos from the drone to an android tablet (but i think thats a DJI go problem as it works on old versions and stopped on anything newer than Feb).

No errors, no warnings, no lag.
Ok, update.... as i mentioned before, after updating to the latest FW (0400) i had an issues with the craft losing it's tripod type hover. It drifted up and down, side to side. I did a IMU calibration and its rock solid stable again.:)

I did the update. Got stuck at 99% as noted above. Turn everything off and rebooted. Said the firmware was fine. Took off, established a new home point, flew 1145', lost control at 2:35 into the flight. Could not reestablish control and the drone did not RTH. I used the find my drone function to locate it but the drone was not there. I fear that it flew away after the lost connection. I have flown this drone for over 1 1/2 years and dozens of flights without incident.

I did the update. Got stuck at 99% as noted above. Turn everything off and rebooted. Said the firmware was fine. Took off, established a new home point, flew 1145', lost control at 2:35 into the flight. Could not reestablish control and the drone did not RTH. I used the find my drone function to locate it but the drone was not there. I fear that it flew away after the lost connection. I have flown this drone for over 1 1/2 years and dozens of flights without incident.
Wow, that just bummed me out... I really feel for you. You did not deserve that one especially flying for over a year. I wish you luck on that and hope things looks up for you.

Done the firmware update last night everything went well took it out for a bit on the return to home it was flying sidewards back to the homepoint

Done the firmware update last night everything went well talk it out for a bit press the return home button and the aircraft flew sidewards back to home point

So it looks so far like most peoples settings have not been affected. It does look like the firmware might be a little glitchy and sometimes doesn't correctly tell you when it's done. So far the success rate is fair, aside from one flyaway.

I would do the following before and after updating:

1. Make sure both the flight battery and controller batteries are at 100%
  2. Let it update as far as it can but dont let either the controller or flight battery get below 40% while updating. If it gets stuck and your batteries are that low, turn off the drone, turn off the controller, recharge both batteries to 100% and restart the process. It might have completed successfully. If not, try it again.
  3. After it has completed successfully, calibrate the controller, IMU, compass, forward sensors, and gimbal.
  4. Hover it for the for 5 minutes after the update to make sure it flies the same as before. If not. shut it off, recharge the batteries, and try again.
  5. If the update doesnt complete, recharge the batteries to 100% and try it again.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000