DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I lied I'm an idiot doing that didn't fix problem and my gimbal roll remains at 5.8 to keep horizon flat

Sent from my FRD-L04 using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you send it back to DJI? I'm facing the same issue, but mine is at +0.3 to +0.8 thereabouts. Was hoping you fixed your issues and could point me in the right direction.

Nope no fix and I don't want to be without it because once I adjust it there's no problem tried talking to their online customer service and they were no help

Nope no fix and I don't want to be without it because once I adjust it there's no problem tried talking to their online customer service and they were no help

Just spoke to the online support, all they said that the gimbal roll is 0.0, if it's anything else, its recommended to have it sent back to them.

I don't get the point. The gimbal roll can be adjusted for a level horizon. Which problem needs to be fixed now?

Yeah was like that out of the box and if I do an auto calibration on the gimbal at the end it's completely straight then like 2 seconds later it shifts and is slanted

I don't get the point. The gimbal roll can be adjusted for a level horizon. Which problem needs to be fixed now?
My gimbal roll shouldnt be at 5.8 for the horizon to be straight it should be at 0.0 if anything adjusted slightly not by that much

My gimbal roll shouldnt be at 5.8 for the horizon to be straight it should be at 0.0 if anything adjusted slightly not by that much

Why?
Because you don't like numbers greater than 2?
If you can get straight shots the value itself doesn't matter

Why?
Because you don't like numbers greater than 2?
If you can get straight shots the value itself doesn't matter

I haven't adjusted my gimbal roll since the day I got my mavic, horizon was straight. Had a stupid indoor crash into a wall from 5 feet up. Restarted the mavic and the horizon was tilted to a side. Could only get it straight at 0.8 gimbal roll, I would assume that's a problem wouldn't I?

You want a solution for a non existing problem.
If you get a straight horizon then there is no problem.

You want a solution for a non existing problem.
If you get a straight horizon then there is no problem.

It's the same as driving with your steering wheel 90 degrees turned, but its fine cause the car is going straight.

True - with the difference that the turned wheel is not in your hands all the time looking odd. It's a hidden number you never get to see.

It's like buying a table or bookcase that has leveling feet on the bottom. The table or bookcase is not likely perfect (or your floor is not level). The adjustable, leveling feet make everything sit solidly and even. That is what the gimbal roll does. It does NOT have to be 0.0. Once you adjust for a level horizon (mine is 0.5), it should stay level and really need no further adjustment. If you have to constantly change your gimbal roll, you may have a separate issue.

Reactions: Egika
I haven't adjusted my gimbal roll since the day I got my mavic, horizon was straight. Had a stupid indoor crash into a wall from 5 feet up. Restarted the mavic and the horizon was tilted to a side. Could only get it straight at 0.8 gimbal roll, I would assume that's a problem wouldn't I?
The problem is your crash somehow nudged your gimbal mounting a little bit. If your gimbal roll adjustment fixed your problem, and your vids and pics are unchanged, then all would appear to be OK.

Reactions: Essence
Just spoke to the online support, all they said that the gimbal roll is 0.0, if it's anything else, its recommended to have it sent back to them.
Don't listen to DJI online support for this. They are notorious for giving inaccurate advice. There is nothing wrong with a stable gimbal roll adjustment.

5.8 is a big adjustment, but if your horizon is flat and stable from flight to flight, I would leave it alone. It has no impact on the function of the camera itself and it doesn't limit the travel of the gimbal. However, if you are still bothered by the adjustment number, send it in to DJI. They will likely charge you for a repair. The functioning gimbal is probably within manufacturing tolerances and the cost may shift to you.

The problem is your crash somehow nudged your gimbal mounting a little bit. If your gimbal roll adjustment fixed your problem, and your vids and pics are unchanged, then all would appear to be OK.

Finally something constructive, I guess I'll probably not send it back to dji if it's working well with a little gimbal adjustments. Thanks man!

009bb4295bc44add59a50f50d8db42c2.jpg

This is what I'm getting after bringing gimbal roll to 0.0, gotta get it up into the horizon to make the proper adjustments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13