DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

chipcamel

Reactions
So when I have my gimbal roll at 0.0 my camera is completely sideways. I have adjust the gimbal roll to 4.8 for it to be level but it used to be at 3.8. I feel it keep tilting farther and farther even after gimbal calibration. After I go to 0.0 and calibrate it's straight right after it finishes then immediately turns slanted. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix for it?

Last edited:
Same issue with mine, but i just have to adjust it to 1.0. If mine were a 3-4 I would go crazy and get a replacement.

Hope their is a fix as my phantoms are perfect at 0.0.

UPDATE: I have fixed the issue by holding the C2 button and scrolling with the camera settings dials. I was reading it in other forums and just tried it and now my gimbal roll is back at 0.0

Reactions: Doc4985 and G284L
that just adjust the gimbal via remote instead of using app.. Your gimbal will still be not leveled.... perfectly.

Reactions: Doc4985
UPDATE: I have fixed the issue by holding the C2 button and scrolling with the camera settings dials. I was reading it in other forums and just tried it and now my gimbal roll is back at 0.0
Hi chipcamel, can you give me (a newbie) more info please, I understand the hold C2 button not sure where the camera settings dial is, is this within the DJI Go 4 ?

Yes chipcamel could you elaborate a little on how you did that also what firmware are you using, Thankx

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It's simply pressing and holding C2 while turning the exposure compensation wheel on the top right of the remote.
In earlier app versions this would change the gimbal roll as well as the exposure.
in v4.0.4 it is now only adjusting the gimbal.

Reactions: chipcamel
Is your C2 button set to centre focus?

Did not work for me, holding C2 and adjusting the camera wheel is set to center focus and that is what it does, fixed my horizon with the DJI Go 4 app

Pressing C2 will do center focus for me too.
Try holding it while turning the right wheel definitely will not just focus only. Try it :)

I will give it another go

I need my gimbal adjusted to 0.5 to level the horizon. I reset it to 0.0, then held the C2 button while at the same time turning the top right dial until the horizon was level. Went back into Gimbal Roll Adjustment and found that it was back to 0.5. In my case, the C2/dial combo did the same thing the Go4 app does. I know that @chipcamel said it zeroed his out, but I don't see that happening to mine.

wonder if this is something new in the recent FW I do have the most recent FW so will give it a try again next time I fly

I need my gimbal adjusted to 0.5 to level the horizon. I reset it to 0.0, then held the C2 button while at the same time turning the top right dial until the horizon was level. Went back into Gimbal Roll Adjustment and found that it was back to 0.5.
that's perfectly normal. The button / dial is just a quick way to do the same thing as deep in the app

I need my gimbal adjusted to 0.5 to level the horizon. I reset it to 0.0, then held the C2 button while at the same time turning the top right dial until the horizon was level. Went back into Gimbal Roll Adjustment and found that it was back to 0.5. In my case, the C2/dial combo did the same thing the Go4 app does. I know that @chipcamel said it zeroed his out, but I don't see that happening to mine.
Yes I reset mine to 0.0 then did C2 and roll and it remained at 0.0 with flat horizon

Sent from my FRD-L04 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54