DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro Launch pad / Home point

Yeah anyone interested just PM me and I will let you know when I have some made.

Prices for anyone on here will be.

30cm x 30cm (11.81 inch x 11.81 inch) - £12.99 / $16.26
45cm x 45cm (17.72 inch x 17.72 inch) - £14.99 / $18.76

Plus shipping

Nice work,

Got mine made and delivered today, i'll post a pic here tomorrow.
Dimensions are 48 x 48cm, heavy pvc with alu. rings in the corners for tent pegs. Roundabout the same price, so good on you!

Reactions: Reecey87
The final printed version, light weight and eazy to clean.
Only one thing still missing, the bird itself!

p5pb14132371.jpg

Reactions: FPVJunkie
I would like one please.
Let me know how to order this from you.
Thank you
Johnny Kapa
[email protected]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi Johnny,

Glad you like it.

The easyest and quickest way would be for you to save the pic frome post #10 (feel free to use it) by clicking the pic and save as jpg.
Then go online to a local printshop and order one in the size and material you like.
That way you won't be paying for overseas shipping and so on.

Good luck with it,

Last edited:
Like the designs! I used to own a sign shop in CA - this is not an expensive pad to have printed if you shop around. If you can get a design in any common graphics program they can simply copy it and print in full color on heavy duty vinyl. Add 4 grommets and you can peg it down if needed (doubtful, as heavy duty vinyl should be heavy enough). It will also roll or fold easily without damage. This is easy for them and should not cost more than $20 - $25 - about 2' x 2' and the sign shop can advertise them as well since they can print 3 or 4 across each pass of the vinyl/printer. One color or multiple colors cost the same, as does the time to print etc. Shop around a little - you will likely find they will have a "standard" charge for printing by the square foot etc. Quality of the vinyl (heavy/light) and ink are the cost factors. Let me know, I am planning on shopping around Phoenix/Casa Grande - maybe one sign shop can provide tons of them and include shipping to get the (lots) of business out there!!

Thanks!
I initially thought the same about the rubber having memory so ive done some tests with it rolled up over some time, when I unravelled the mat it instantly sprung out flat again. Seems to react well.

I could also punch some neat holes as an option in case it is a little too windy.

If you punch holes, I hope you put metal grommets in to keep them from tearing out!

@Crusader

I received mine today and wanted to give you a BIG thanks for allowing to use the image. Also, thanks for the recommendation on the online banner company, Custom Signs, Banners, Flags | BLACK FRIDAY: 20% OFF & Free Shipping.

The landing pad looks great!View media item 134
View media item 133
yXpvj

Looking good getoutandplay,

I'm glad to be of help. Still waiting on my bird tho.
Should be an easy targit for a precision landing now, have you tested that yet?
Please share the footage if you do a successful precision landing.

Now go out and play ;)

Now go out and play ;)

Haha....I haven't gone out to test yet only because it is a fairly gusty day today. Maybe this evening the winds will die down a bit. I will definitely follow back up with some test footage!

View attachment 836 This is what I have designed for myself while I wait for my mavic.
I have my own sign writing business so I will print this when I get a minute.
The material I will use has a 5mm thick rubber base with a fabric surface which i can directly print onto.
The rubber will give a little bit of cushioning and it can be rolled up and will lie flat when opened out.

Nice job!!!

View attachment 836 This is what I have designed for myself while I wait for my mavic.
I have my own sign writing business so I will print this when I get a minute.
The material I will use has a 5mm thick rubber base with a fabric surface which i can directly print onto.
The rubber will give a little bit of cushioning and it can be rolled up and will lie flat when opened out.
Love it ..... I purchased a 3' x 4' x 3/8" reconstituted rubber matt from a local farmer/rancher supply that they use in horse trailers for $ 26 and I think I'll take down to sign shop to see if they can do your design. That would be cool ... if you have no objections. The mat I purchased is suitable for places where weeds and uneven vegetation blanket the ground because the weight would tend to flatten the area.

Now go out and play ;)

I would say this shows some pretty good precision landing! On each landing I took off and climbed to around 40ft and then flew away a few hundred yards before hitting RTH. The design looks great. Here's the footage:

Reactions: MavicProMX
Who can I pay for one of these?

I am not sure which pad in this thread you are referring to. But if it is the blue/white one then see post #48 which gives permission to use the image that you can download from #10. Then post #50, as well as another one or two, has the link to an option for an online banner company that you can have make it for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots