DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro Launch pad / Home point

View attachment 836 This is what I have designed for myself while I wait for my mavic.
I have my own sign writing business so I will print this when I get a minute.
The material I will use has a 5mm thick rubber base with a fabric surface which i can directly print onto.
The rubber will give a little bit of cushioning and it can be rolled up and will lie flat when opened out.

I would say this shows some pretty good precision landing! On each landing I took off and climbed to around 40ft and then flew away a few hundred yards before hitting RTH. The design looks great. Here's the footage:

Wow, that's impressive, and the pad looks great frome above.

If you punch holes, I hope you put metal grommets in to keep them from tearing out!
I would suggest getting the plastic 2 piece snap in grommets as they won't interfere with the compass in any way, and use nylon or plastic stakes for the same reason.

This has been suggested before, and a good idea if you are in a car, but I ride a M/C most of the year so no floor!

True. I have a sport touring bike and the rear seat cowl detaches.... Might make a good launch pad! Unfortunately I can't try it until spring arrives.

I would suggest getting the plastic 2 piece snap in grommets as they won't interfere with the compass in any way, and use nylon or plastic stakes for the same reason.
I will have to amend that, I didn't want to carry around four long metal or plastic stakes for securing the vinyl landing pad, so I made some, 3" galvanized nails, some JB Weld, and four radio knobs from Radio Shack (or ebay) and I have 4 easy to store large 'push pins' that fit easily in my bag, won't rust, and don't affect the compass (tested on 6 flights). I use one of the small prop bags to store
them in.
IMG_1635.JPG

Last edited:
I will have to amend that, I didn't want to carry around four long metal or plastic stakes for securing the vinyl landing pad, so I made some, 3" galvanized nails, some JB Weld, and four radio knobs from Radio Shack (or ebay) and I have 4 easy to store large 'push pins' that fit easily in my bag, won't rust, and don't effect the compass (tested on 6 flights). I use one of the small prop bags to store
them in.
View attachment 2118

Hi F6Rider,

I like the mod you made, smart use of resources at hand.

But the compass is not so eazy to disturb, check this out:
Sources of Compass interference

Looks great, how small does it roll up?, I went with the vinyl 2X2' because it is very light and rolls up small.
It rolls up nicely, strap 1 rubber band around each end and grab it and go. Very light weight too, but I believe it will work real nice even in windy conditions, and will definitely keep the MP off the grass and dirt for take off and landing.

e8483e7cc73b1bee6a8a8a3b4f4768da.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143