DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost!!!!

Ah so the RC, would have likely entirely disconnected when stepped into the car. The drone should have returned home by then.
That is, unless it ran out of battery on the way back. Your flight wasn't long so it's very possible to find your lost drone. Check the return path and look if it landed on the way back.

Thanks. Looks like I got everything sent to them correctly. I will be continuing my search for it this afternoon and hopefully can find it. The worst part is it rained last night and a chance of rain again today but maybe it will be salvageable if I can find it.
So two possible locations to check. Go to your last spot and start heading north and see if it anywhere, including trees. You may need binoculars. I would imagine it didn't drift too far, the wind on the ground was calm, so maybe no more than 200 meters. If no luck, try tracing the path home the drone should have automatically taken and see if it ended up somewhere on the wayback. Fortunately for you, that's only a mere 1 km of hiking around. Drones flying further out are much harder to locate.

Ok thanks. Yeah it was only around 1200 ft away and at least 8-900 feet is over open field so I hope to get lucky. Any idea why the phone would disconnect from the controller so suddenly? The app never closed or anything. If it would be best I can just buy an iPad mini to use strictly for my drone to prevent any other apps from interfering in the future. That is if I find it and can get it replaced. If not I'll probably just be happy with my karma lol.

Ok thanks. Yeah it was only around 1200 ft away and at least 8-900 feet is over open field so I hope to get lucky. Any idea why the phone would disconnect from the controller so suddenly? The app never closed or anything. If it would be best I can just buy an iPad mini to use strictly for my drone to prevent any other apps from interfering in the future. That is if I find it and can get it replaced. If not I'll probably just be happy with my karma lol.
No idea. The connection could be bad in the cord. I've had it happen too with my own cord. It failed on me while my drone was 2 km out one day. I couldn't re-establish the connection so I brought it back in blind. I get the feeling DJI's connectors are very poor quality.

No idea. The connection could be bad in the cord. I've had it happen too with my own cord. It failed on me while my drone was 2 km out one day. I couldn't re-establish the connection so I brought it back in blind. I get the feeling DJI's connectors are very poor quality.
Hey cyber. I was flying with him and it completely disconnected from the controller about 10 seconds after the phone screen went grey. I flew mine back at moderate speed and landed we waited for about 2 mins so it had plenty of time to return. Then we drove to where the map showed that it was only took 30 seconds to get there. We expected it to be hovering but it wasn't. I have over 70 flights without an issue and have flown 4 miles away crossing that same area. Just adding some info to the story but Bice did a good job explaining the details. My only explanation as to why it did not RTH is a bird strike but we never lost LOS. Or a failure in the software causing it not to RTH.

At the point where the flight log ends, it would have taken the Mavic about 20 seconds to land if it has decided to land instead of fly back to the home point. That's most likely what it did since it was high enough to make it back to the home point and it never returned. That would also explain why you did not hear/see it when you drove to that location. Look around this area (up in the trees too):

Location.jpg

It's not clear as to what the OP was doing with the remote controller during those 2.5 minutes while waiting. If the remote controller was still powered on and connected to the Mavic, the Mavic would have still been obeying the remote controller sticks. So, it could have been flown further away from the last known location if that's the case.

I was holding the RC with "connecting" scrolling across the screen of the controller waiting for it to reestablish connection. The screen on the phone was black. I immediately released both sticks when the signal dropped because they're designed to hover when the sticks are released. One of the logs I looked at showed a signal drop at the very end of the flight time but nothing after that.

Do you recall changing this setting in DJI GO?

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

No. I've not changed any of the settings other than turning off beginner mode. All other settings are how it came out of the box. I've only got 11 flights most of which were just flying around my house within a few hundred feet.

At the point where the flight log ends, it would have taken the Mavic about 20 seconds to land if it has decided to land instead of fly back to the home point. That's most likely what it did since it was high enough to make it back to the home point and it never returned. That would also explain why you did not hear/see it when you drove to that location. Look around this area (up in the trees too):

View attachment 12715

It's not clear as to what the OP was doing with the remote controller during those 2.5 minutes while waiting. If the remote controller was still powered on and connected to the Mavic, the Mavic would have still been obeying the remote controller sticks. So, it could have been flown further away from the last known location if that's the case.
Factoring a slight wind, it may have drifted north up a bit.

At the time of disconnect, the GPS signal was strong. Why would it have drifted in a slight wind?

At the time of disconnect, the GPS signal was strong. Why would it have drifted in a slight wind?
I'm saying it as a possibility. At 20 kph winds, the Mavic will drift very slowly in the wind. I've noticed it on my Mavic, but low winds will not phase it. I just thew it in there as a possibility.

What about the weak signal warning I got right before disconnect? That's what's confusing because you're saying the signal was strong when it disconnected but I still got the warning and then the disconnect. I don't pretend to know how to interpret those text flight logs I'm just trying to figure it out. I appreciate all of your help so far.

What about the weak signal warning I got right before disconnect?
That message was referring to the remote controller signal.

UPDATE- mavic has been found. Huge thanks to singer and cyber!!!!!! It was about 75 yards or so further down the flight path from where it's last shown location was. The strange part it the battery was around 10 feet away with 3 bars of life still in it There is no visual damage to the drone at all which is crazy considering there's no way it could have safely landed there. The canopy of the trees are too thick and it obviously crashed considering the 2 of the 4 legs were folded back up. Either way I'm very fortunate to have found it. It did rain last night and part of today but the drone was laying upside down so hopefully a bag of rice for a few days will fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_8189.JPG
    IMG_8189.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8191.JPG
    IMG_8191.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 130
Great news! (on the finding part)

It would be interesting to see what else is contained in the DAT flight log. If you don't mind us taking a look, please upload your DAT flight log to Dropbox and post a link back here. You can find instructions for retrieving your DAT flight log here.

Reactions: RobP62
That's great news. It looks like the battery wasn't fully secured and it fell from the sky. I'd let the drone dry out before starting it back up and then I would like to see the DAT file, which has a whole lot more details. Of course if the drone doesn't power on, it's very possible the board fried mid flight and died.

Reactions: RobP62
Are the stock out of box settings to RTH when disconnected? I honestly can not remember if i did mine manually or if when i checked it they were that way when i set it up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest