DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Mods

CaptainMavic

Reactions
Does anybody know where I can find the 01.04.0500 update which is compatible with the Super-Patcher mod? I have found references to this but have not been able to locate the download. The other question is would it be a waste of time to do it? Should I just stick with 01.04.0300 with the Super-Patcher mod and leave it alone? Many thanks to brett8883 for his hard work!

Does anybody know where I can find the 01.04.0500 update which is compatible with the Super-Patcher mod? I have found references to this but have not been able to locate the download. The other question is would it be a waste of time to do it? Should I just stick with 01.04.0300 with the Super-Patcher mod and leave it alone? Many thanks to brett8883 for his hard work!
Super patcher will downgrade and then you flash SP, and then you can upgrade to the latest firmware!

It’s here

Hello Brett8883, if I update with this customized firmware, I would not lose the modified parameters of the drone, nor, as you also say, the super Patcher, it would be updated to the latest version with all the modifications included.
It would also be necessary to update the rc to the latest version or not, thanks.

Brett, could you tell me on which front leg the antenna that links to the RC controller is located, thanks.

Hello Brett8883, if I update with this customized firmware, I would not lose the modified parameters of the drone, nor, as you also say, the super Patcher, it would be updated to the latest version with all the modifications included.
It would also be necessary to update the rc to the latest version or not, thanks.
Definitely won’t lose SuperPatcher, that’s the whole point.

I’m 99% sure you won’t lose the parameters you changed yourself but it has been a few years since I did all this stuff. Worst case scenario you’d have to enter them in again.

Just FYI doing this and upgrading to the latest firmware is basically superficial. There’s no real world benefit other than it was cool being in the latest firmware and putting it to DJI. There were no observed changes to the firmware other than DJI tried to make it harder to hack. In fact the flight controller package was completely unchanged down to the last bit which is why this process works.

Definitely won’t lose SuperPatcher, that’s the whole point.

I’m 99% sure you won’t lose the parameters you changed yourself but it has been a few years since I did all this stuff. Worst case scenario you’d have to enter them in again.

Just FYI doing this and upgrading to the latest firmware is basically superficial. There’s no real world benefit other than it was cool being in the latest firmware and putting it to DJI. There were no observed changes to the firmware other than DJI tried to make it harder to hack. In fact the flight controller package was completely unchanged down to the last bit which is why this process works.
Thank you Brett8883, your information has been of great help to me, greetings from the Iberian Peninsula.

Reactions: brett8883
Just used SP2.02 on a used MPP, so it doesn't seem to be worth it upgrading to 01.04.0500 !
Anyone who relies on Litchi like me will profoundly regret updating their Mavic Pro to that devious 0500 firmware edition because it will lock them out of Litchi and FORCE them to either use DJI Go indefinitely or bin their drone and take up stamp collecting instead.

I was tricked into updating my Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum firmware to 0500 when both of them stopped working entirely. DJI herded me towards that fateful 0050 update, after which all previously reliable connectivity with Litchi was ruined. By the time I was able to roll back that firmware, I had spent 80 euros and 50 US dollars on " software solutions" to the problem.

My personal protest against DJI's attempt to block my use of Litchi will take the form of my never using any DJI Go product until the next ice age, or until Boris Johnson accepts blame for anything, whichever occurs last.

Anyone who relies on Litchi like me will profoundly regret updating their Mavic Pro to that devious 0500 firmware edition because it will lock them out of Litchi and FORCE them to either use DJI Go indefinitely or bin their drone and take up stamp collecting instead.

I was tricked into updating my Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum firmware to 0500 when both of them stopped working entirely. DJI herded me towards that fateful 0050 update, after which all previously reliable connectivity with Litchi was ruined. By the time I was able to roll back that firmware, I had spent 80 euros and 50 US dollars on " software solutions" to the problem.

My personal protest against DJI's attempt to block my use of Litchi will take the form of my never using any DJI Go product until the next ice age, or until Boris Johnson accepts blame for anything, whichever occurs last.
You must be experiencing a different issue. Litchi works with the latest version of the MPP even with the stock non-modded firmware.

You must be experiencing a different issue. Litchi works with the latest version of the MPP even with the stock non-modded firmware.
I beg to differ about this suggestion that the 0050 firmware for Mavic Pros is compatible with Litchi. I could not get either of my two Mavic Pro drones to work at all until I reluctantly allowed that firmware update to afflict the drones, and it was only when that 0050 firmware was installed that both drones resumed working ONLY with DJI Go, but most definitely NOT with Lichi.

When I finally succeeded in bypassing DJI's anti-rollback trap and reverted the firmware on both drones to a previous 0030 edition, I finally regained my ability to use Litchi. I still feel cheated that I had to spend over $150 to escape from that DJO Go firmware update cul-de-sac I'd been funneled into when the 0050 update was forced on me.

I beg to differ about this suggestion that the 0050 firmware for Mavic Pros is compatible with Litchi. I could not get either of my two Mavic Pro drones to work at all until I reluctantly allowed that firmware update to afflict the drones, and it was only when that 0050 firmware was installed that both drones resumed working ONLY with DJI Go, but most definitely NOT with Lichi.

When I finally succeeded in bypassing DJI's anti-rollback trap and reverted the firmware on both drones to a previous 0030 edition, I finally regained my ability to use Litchi. I still feel cheated that I had to spend over $150 to escape from that DJO Go firmware update cul-de-sac I'd been funneled into when the 0050 update was forced on me.
I’m in no way defending DJI and their anti roll back policy but I have have a Mavic Pro Platinum and it works fine with Litchi on the 01.04.0500 firmware. Stock or otherwise.

I use iOS primarily but as far as I can recall it works fine on Android too.

Also, who changed you $150 to rollback the firmware? That should have been a free service on Drone-Hacks.

Last edited:
I’m in no way defending DJI and their anti roll back policy but I have have a Mavic Pro Platinum and it works fine with Litchi on the 01.04.0500 firmware. Stock or otherwise.

I use iOS primarily but as far as I can recall it works fine on Android too.

Also, who changed you $150 to rollback the firmware? That should have been a free service on Drone-Hacks

I am astonished and baffled in equal measure to learn that your Mavic Pro Platinum works fine with Litchi after that 0050 firmware imposition. When I found both my Mavic Pros locked out of Litchi on the same day, I became convinced that there was no coincidence at play, and that DJI had set a cleverly concealed trap to wean DJI drone owners off Litchi for good.

This response is appreciated, even though it leaves me mystified as to what exactly happened to my particular drones when I got herded into allowing that firmware update to proceed a few weeks ago.

I am astonished and baffled in equal measure to learn that your Mavic Pro Platinum works fine with Litchi after that 0050 firmware imposition. When I found both my Mavic Pros locked out of Litchi on the same day, I became convinced that there was no coincidence at play, and that DJI had set a cleverly concealed trap to wean DJI drone owners off Litchi for good.

This response is appreciated, even though it leaves me mystified as to what exactly happened to my particular drones when I got herded into allowing that firmware update to proceed a few weeks ago.
DJI wants apps like Litchi to exist and provides the code required for 3rd party apps to work with DJI drones. They even provide training and documentation to make that easier.

Without that cooperation, apps like Litchi could not exist and so it doesn’t make sense that DJI would want to prevent drones from being able to use 3rd party apps like Litchi. They literally spend a lot of time and effort making sure 3rd party apps DO work and that’s a competitive advantage DJI drones have over other manufacturers.

I bought a used MPP last year which arrived with version 1.04.0500, and it works perfectly with Litchi, use it several times a week

Been thinking seriously about doing the super Patcher mod but a little timid.

I bought a used MPP last year which arrived with version 1.04.0500, and it works perfectly with Litchi, use it several times a week

Been thinking seriously about doing the super Patcher mod but a little timid.
Well it’s available to you as a free option. If you are timid there is also Drone-Hacks which is a paid option. It’s a more polished and straightforward program with 99.9% the same functionality. When I made Super-Patcher it was my hope that someone more talented than me would come along and take it to the next level which is what ultimately happened with Drone-Hacks.

I’m not affiliated with Drone-Hacks in any way but I do know the dev and he’s a good guy. I see it as the successor to what I made in the same way my program was the unaffiliated successor to another project.

SP worked fine for me last week. Just had to download the 0300 firmware with a separate tool also linked from the Github page.

Reactions: brett8883
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom