DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Motor Mod

I have done similar things like this before. Get some thin wire/string and eye-screws and fashion something similar to this:

EDIT: if you do not care about ever folding the front rotor arms, a little epoxy in the joint will permanently secure it.

View attachment 38469 View attachment 38470

That's great! Thank You! I screwed the eye bolts into the printed motor mounts..

So close...

I just completed swapping the main motherboards from my platinum to my dead pro (I do not recommend anyone doing this, it's a royal pain in the a**). Got her all put back together, the go4 app reports zero errors, tried to take off and got this error.

I am not well versed on how to troubleshoot this. Any recommendations?

On an unrelated topic, does anyone know where the aircraft speaker is (that makes the DJI ringtone when you power on)? Since I swapped the main boards, I don't get the ring anymore.

dronemods-2018-193.png dronemods-2018-192.png

The sound is the ESC pulsing the motors themselves.
When you say main motherboard do you mean the ESC board? Were both aircraft on the same firmware, or did you reflash after the install?

The sound is the ESC pulsing the motors themselves.
When you say main motherboard do you mean the ESC board? Were both aircraft on the same firmware, or did you reflash after the install?

I moved both main boards, so in theory it is still the same bird, right?

I moved both main boards, so in theory it is still the same bird, right?

Yes, they should both work as before. The ESC board will give you the boot up tones even without a core board attached as that's just the ESC initialization sound.

Do the motors turn at all on startup? Try reflashing the entire firmware just to be sure.

Yes, they should both work as before. The ESC board will give you the boot up tones even without a core board attached as that's just the ESC initialization sound.

Do the motors turn at all on startup? Try reflashing the entire firmware just to be sure.

Everything looks normal except the DJI ringtone doesn't happen. All four motors "wiggle" too at power on.

Everything looks normal except the DJI ringtone doesn't happen. All four motors "wiggle" too at power on.

When you CSC start the motors do they spin and idle? Also try starting them with RC only, no device connected. If the motors idle but the AC won't lift off, that could simply be a NFZ issue.

When you CSC start the motors do they spin and idle? Also try starting them with RC only, no device connected. If the motors idle but the AC won't lift off, that could simply be a NFZ issue.
No motor spin, I get that error immediately after attempting csc takeoff.

I rechecked the solder points at the motor leads and a couple were sketchy and redoing them now.

For some reason the solder/flux I am using is not sticking to these p3 motor leads very well. But it sticks fine to the wire I am connecting to it??

Anyone experienced this before?

Try scraping the wire with the tip of a blade to get rid of any coating or oxides.

Interesting reading, and I would bolt on any prop configuration that would outperform my current 2 blade setup.

25i7rQA.jpg

Platinum with APC 1045 front and 8745 rear.
Lolo, do you have an updated picture of this bird??

Lolo, do you have an updated picture of this bird??

BmeB922.jpg

This one is officially retired after a lithium fire. Got an in flight motor obstruction error, was still running on 3 motors but not exactly controllable. Shut the motors off and let it drop in an open industrial space but the bottom mounted battery punctured.

Nu8v6j3.jpg

What's interesting is that the error was left front, but that prop looks to be in great condition after touchdown. The motor is still bolted securely to the arm so I'm not sure what happened exactly. ESC temp was 90 at the time.

Last edited:
BmeB922.jpg

This one is officially retired after a lithium fire. Got an in flight motor obstruction error, was still running on 3 motors but not exactly controllable. Shut the motors off and let it drop in an open industrial space but the bottom mounted battery punctured.

Nu8v6j3.jpg

What's interesting is that the error was left front, but that prop looks to be in great condition after touchdown. The motor is still bolted securely to the arm so I'm not sure what happened exactly. ESC temp was 90 at the time.

Nobody will ever top this epic crash-n-burn !!!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Try scraping the wire with the tip of a blade to get rid of any coating or oxides.

That was strange. These motor wire leads have a clear coating that wire strippers don't catch. Had to get a fine file and file off the coating. Never seen wire prepared like this before.

Here are the final rear arms I installed on my mavic today. Had to rotate the motor mount 2 degrees to become level when installed. And beefed up the entry peg walls to allow for an external screw to lock the rotor arm in place by screwing through and into the material. I experimented with several size screws, but you need a beefy one to handle the extra weight and extra long arm on this mod.

Now starting on the front arms, wish me luck :)

dronemods-2018-197.png dronemods-2018-196.png dronemods-2018-195.png

Attachments

• Mavic-Rear-v11.zip
    172.9 KB · Views: 2
Here are the final rear arms I installed on my mavic today. Had to rotate the motor mount 2 degrees to become level when installed. And beefed up the entry peg walls to allow for an external screw to lock the rotor arm in place by screwing through and into the material. I experimented with several size screws, but you need a beefy one to handle the extra weight and extra long arm on this mod.

Now starting on the front arms, wish me luck :)

View attachment 38670 View attachment 38671 View attachment 38672
I was just thinking that if the arms aren't going to pivot, the final design could integrate the mounting points to the mid frame and be all 1 piece. That would reduce stress concentrations at the small OD of the cylinder and where any screws go in.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000