DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Motor Mod

Wait a minute, don't print those arms. I changed the motor mount and just got it off the printer and it will break with hand strength. I will fix it and post new files later tonight.
Can you gusset the arm similar to the way the factory does?

Or make the inner piece adapt to CF tube and then clamp on a motor mount. That will make for easy angle adjustments.

Screenshot_20180520-153635_Gallery.jpeg

Took it for a flight today with the 4s6p lion…Within the first couple minutes and about 800ft out I heard a loud noise and it started goin down. Its dropped a 100ft in about 8 seconds (according to the airdata). I was able to bring it close to me and hover for the rest of the flight. I noticed the rpm’s were high at 72 to 7400 and it sounded pretty loud but I only have a few chances to test this thing and didn’t want to land…Eventually at 28min into the flight the thing started spinning uncontrollably so I decided to land it…When I landed I noticed one of the propellers was messed up and a couple inches shorter. I’m surprise it flew as long as it did like that. Then after taking it home to inspect, I see what happened…The left arm folded in and the rear propeller hit the front motor. I should definitely learn to listen to lolo780.

On a good note, before it came down, I was a few minutes ahead of my 51min flight.
That battery is comical...Look at the size of that thing :)

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7449.JPG IMG_7469.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_7474.JPG This is what i'm trying to stop the arms from folding in. Hopefully it holds...

This pro is toast and I can’t get past the ECS errors. I moved the motors over to a platinum and it’s working ok and behaving like chazz’s bird now.

Chazz, how long are those screws?

Around 1/4" self tappers...I don't know if i like it though. Seems too flimsy like the rest of this mavic frame...I'm thinking i want something to physically hold the arms out but i'm drawing a blank..

This pro is toast and I can’t get past the ECS errors. I moved the motors over to a platinum and it’s working ok and behaving like chazz’s bird now.

I'm happy to see you got one working. I wonder why the trouble with the first one...

Around 1/4" self tappers...I don't know if i like it though. Seems too flimsy like the rest of this mavic frame...I'm thinking i want something to physically hold the arms out but i'm drawing a blank..

I have done similar things like this before. Get some thin wire/string and eye-screws and fashion something similar to this:

EDIT: if you do not care about ever folding the front rotor arms, a little epoxy in the joint will permanently secure it.

dronemods-2018-182.png dronemods-2018-181.png

Attachments

• dronemods-2018-180.png
    dronemods-2018-180.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: chazz
Actually, you could make it a lot more compact like this and it would work perfectly. Get some tiny eye-screws and insert at the end of these red lines. Or you could use hook-screws that would be temporary until you attached the fixed length wire that you could remove after each flight so you could still fold the front arms during transport.

dronemods-2018-183.png

I am slowly figuring out this 3d printer. If I set the print level to 0.1mm the rotor arm takes 5.5 hours to print. If I set it to 0.2mm it takes just over 2 hours to print. Well, I am in rapid prototype mode and the 0.1 arm is at least twice as strong as the 0.2 (demonstrated by trying to break the arm with bare hands - and knees).

Attached is the redesigned rear arms that are beefed up enough so I can print at 0.2mm and still be structurally strong. I also fixed the rotor screw alignment that was messed up.

dronemods-2018-191.png dronemods-2018-190.png

Attachments

• Mavic-Rear.zip
    137.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: megamaster
Took it for a flight today with the 4s6p lion…Within the first couple minutes and about 800ft out I heard a loud noise and it started goin down. Its dropped a 100ft in about 8 seconds (according to the airdata). I was able to bring it close to me and hover for the rest of the flight. I noticed the rpm’s were high at 72 to 7400 and it sounded pretty loud but I only have a few chances to test this thing and didn’t want to land…Eventually at 28min into the flight the thing started spinning uncontrollably so I decided to land it…When I landed I noticed one of the propellers was messed up and a couple inches shorter. I’m surprise it flew as long as it did like that. Then after taking it home to inspect, I see what happened…The left arm folded in and the rear propeller hit the front motor. I should definitely learn to listen to lolo780.

On a good note, before it came down, I was a few minutes ahead of my 51min flight.
That battery is comical...Look at the size of that thing :)

View attachment 38386

View attachment 38382 View attachment 38383
Hey, what was your all up weight for this flight?

Reactions: Maciekkret
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv