DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seabas82

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Here is a short edit of my recent trip to Lake Tahoe, weather conditions where not so great the first part of the week, but when it finally cleared I was able to take full advantage of it. Clear Skies, COLD 18 F, NE Winds 7 mph.

Some general suggestions for those flying or intending to fly in cold conditions; Keep you Mavic, phone and batteries warm. I used hand warmers inside my jackets pockets to keep the batteries nice and warm ready for use, as well as one for the Mavic pouch and another for the controller. Turn the Mavic on and let it idle for about a minute for it to warm up its systems, then take off smoothly and hoover for about another min to test the controls and makes sure all systems are good and responsive, then take off slowly and enjoy the flight always monitoring battery life.

We always learn something every time we fly, this time I learned I need to be more aware of my surrounding and consider distances when planning shots, as you will see I almost crashed into a pine tree when doing an orbit shot..i got lucky this time, and sure learned my lesson. Fly safe out there!

Hope you all enjoy and share the video!

Great video, thanks for sharing! I LOVE Tahoe...haven't been there in a few years, but I do miss it!

Question: Were you using a filter of any kind or was that straight off the camera?

Reactions: Seabas82
Great video, thanks for sharing! I LOVE Tahoe...haven't been there in a few years, but I do miss it!

Question: Were you using a filter of any kind or was that straight off the camera?
Hi Tom, glad you liked the video, the place does all the magic for you! amazing place. I was using the Polar Pro Vivid Series filters I used the ND8/PL, it enhances the colors and brings up the detail on the water on the shallow depths. cheers!

Reactions: TahoeTurner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22