DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro R.I.D compliant?

As of Today --NO
R.I.D. compliance was rescinded for the Mavic Pro Platinum and the Mavic pro is not listed.
NO need to worry. This is a paperwork snafu that will be cleared up eventually If all else fails R.I.D. modules will take care of it- and they won't be that costly.
Rec flyer or Commercial the new laws apply to us all.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Get a RID module and attach it, then you can be legal in the US to fly . . . from another post in the SparkPilots forum . . .

One pilot had a couple of RID module specs and compared to a Flytron strobe (very small lightweight strobe light) . . .

"CubePilot's product measures 25mm (0.098") x 13.75mm (0.54") x 3.5mm (0.14") at 10gr (0.35oz)

Dronetag BS measures 17mm (0.66") x 14mm (0.55") x 5mm (0.19") at 3gr (0.35oz)

For comparison, my Flytron strobe is 20mm (0.79" x 16mm (0.63") x 8mm (0.31") at 4.5gr (0.16oz) and attaches to the RH aft prop guard with 3m Dual Lock velcro, so unless the module has specific placement requirements, I'd expect it could be attached similarly."

Hope that helps, the Spark is a very small craft to get anything extra on, but with those size above it should be easy on the other larger aircraft others might have.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Thank u all for ur explanation and experience.
Where do they sell remote ID module?

I googled both those modules (cubePilot and Dronetag BS) in my post, had links come up to buy.
I'm in Australia though and results to my location, you'll be best doing the search yourself for local info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload