DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro showing up on Flight Radar 24....weird?>

mrreddog

Reactions
So I usually always use Flight Radar 24 when flying my Mavic Pro just to be on the lookout for any low flying aircraft or helicopters, I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit. well the other day I noticed a Drone icon flying near a Canadian airport, when I clicked on it, it said it was a Mavic pro??? Anyone seen anything like this before?? whats going on here?? Height and speed don't seem right either.
image1.PNGimage5.PNGimage4.PNGimage2.PNGimage3.PNG

Wow??? It would have to have a transponder on it surely??
Maybe they were testing something in the app???

Do they issue "N" numbers for drones? I dont believe it.
N12345? Really?

Something weird with it, the 1st screenshot says 1,193 feet high & 74 mph....WTF ??

Registered in NY, all the recorded flights were less than 1 minute long, And in Hawaii and some other places. around the planet. all within a few days or hours.
Fishy! I think air data has been hacked :D
'

We need to think a bit more broadly about the possibilities here. A quick search reveals a surprising number of DJI drone recordings, including phantom 3&4.

Could this be as simple as datasharimg between aeroscope and Flightradar24? We know a lot of airports and other installations run aeroscope.

Enable your personal identification sharing in GO4 and Bobs you aunties brother....

Reactions: Firefly1
There is NO WAY that N12345 was in all the places on the dates and times listed in the link in post #3 And NO WAY it achieved those altitudes and speeds in a minute or less of flight. iTS SOMETHING, but it is NOT accurate!

If you look at its flight history, it shows an airplane icon. But in my screen shot while it was live and flying (or whatever) its shown as a drone icon, thats why I screenshot it. I have been using Flight radar 24 for a while, and never ever seen a dron icon on the screen till this time

Are you doubting the output from the FAA Registry lookup? Or did you just not follow the link I posted in #5?
What I am doubting is your link in post #3
No way he was in all those different places in that time period of just days.
The flights were all only about 1 minute or less, and the altitudes, would not have been possible in those time frames.

EDIT; Another thing, is it common to reissue a "N" number off of a museum aircraft?

My thought is that "flight radar 24" is worthless if it shows fictitious flights at random.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheech Wizard
What I am doubting is your link in post #3
No way he was in all those different places in that time period of just days.
The flights were all only about 1 minute or less, and the altitudes, would not have been possible in those time frames.

EDIT; Another thing, is it common to reissue a "N" number off of a museum aircraft?

Well the link is real but the flights were clearly not, or at least not all of them.

You can reserve an N-number that is not currently assigned. Interesting that he snagged that one. Whether it was luck or something else I have no idea.

Well the link is real but the flights were clearly not, or at least not all of them.

You can reserve an N-number that is not currently assigned. Interesting that he snagged that one. Whether it was luck or something else I have no idea.
It looks like the N number was previously held by a museum, presumably on an aircraft. With an interesting number like that, I am surprised the museum let it go if the aircraft still exsists.

interesting reading....... I do not know if I would want that N number on anything I owned.
It seems it is the go to "n" number for the FAA when giving examples or also used to replace a real 'n' number when writing about aircraft involved in an incident.
N12345, legal?
Get the Flick: N12345, You’re Busted

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan