DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Won't Stop Auto Landing

Forcecilia

Reactions
1. Make sure you are not flying beyond the battery's fail safe. When it gets too low it will automatically land.

2. Try turning off your "Landing Protection" feature. Maybe it's malfunctioning and reading that it's over solid ground. Check the VPS reading on the bottom of your screen to see if the Mavic thinks you're attempting to land.

Be careful with Landing Protection off. It will not pause on descent before landing on a surface. You'll have complete control over the speed of landings.

This looks to me like a stuck RTH button. In terms of why it's landing, the Mavic will automatically land where it is if RTH is triggered when it's within a 16 ft (5 m) radius of the home point. I had the same issue, and I believe others have also. With the remote off, try pressing it a few times and see if it loosens up. It should feel and "click" similar to the pause or power button.

What are your battery warning settings?
Is your sonar height sensor working properly (that isn't in the minimal log form the app)? Most common casue is faulty downward sensor that senses the ground when it's actually far above.

Reactions: Forcecilia
1. Make sure you are not flying beyond the battery's fail safe. When it gets too low it will automatically land.

2. Try turning off your "Landing Protection" feature. Maybe it's malfunctioning and reading that it's over solid ground. Check the VPS reading on the bottom of your screen to see if the Mavic thinks you're attempting to land.

Be careful with Landing Protection off. It will not pause on descent before landing on a surface. You'll have complete control over the speed of landings.
I tried but it kept landing and doing rth...

This looks to me like a stuck RTH button. In terms of why it's landing, the Mavic will automatically land where it is if RTH is triggered when it's within a 16 ft (5 m) radius of the home point. I had the same issue, and I believe others have also. With the remote off, try pressing it a few times and see if it loosens up. It should feel and "click" similar to the pause or power button.
OMG, my rth button was stuck.. i never pushed the button on my RC... I'm charing my battery i'll try it... Thank you so much

What are your battery warning settings?
Is your sonar height sensor working properly (that isn't in the minimal log form the app)? Most common casue is faulty downward sensor that senses the ground when it's actually far above.
I thought the problem was my vps.. but my rth was stuck on rc.. i'll try to fly my bird after charging.. I really need 3 more batteries... at least...

I thought the problem was my vps
FYI, if you ever have any doubts in the future, you can upload your TXT flight log to my log viewer. I reviewed your TXT flight log above and it shows you're manually initiating RTH somehow (e.g. the stuck button).

Reactions: Forcecilia
FYI, if you ever have any doubts in the future, you can upload your TXT flight log to my log viewer. I reviewed your TXT flight log above and it shows you're manually initiating RTH somehow (e.g. the stuck button).
Thank you so much for your help.. I saw that too... but didn't think it was a actual physical button!. I think this will fix it.. i'm just waiting for battery. I'll let you know. You saved my drone experience. Thank you so much

I love a happy ending.:)
Not a happy ending actually, the plastic around the corner gets pushed in. Rth button doesn't. Just went to target and got another one. Will be returning the other one which was bulit on july 3rd :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929