DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

luisfeliz12

Reactions
how you guys doing? i have a quick question.

I got my mavic pro fly more combo for Christmas, and then like 5 days later i'm flying it, in my friends backyard to show him. He lives inside the yellow zone. I was able to take off, and fly for like a good minute, then it asked me for a payment option, i then canceled it and then with-in seconds of canceling it the drone started to auto land itself. I was literally one house away. I tried to cancel the auto land so i could fly it back to myself, but it was saying command canceled. As it was auto landing between two houses, it started to hit something, i couldn't see what because it was already lowering to land itself. Then when it hit something it fell to the ground and i went to go get it, it was done. My arm, my camera were broken. The camera hanging by some wires, and the arm as well. i just want to know, if i was at fault or was it a problem with the drone.

to fly in the yellow zone, authorization zone
its authorization process to fly in a NFZ,theres 2 options credit card or by phone
sorry to say you paid a stiff price for skirting the rules
if you had got your licence you would have known,sorry this happened

Last edited:
its authorization process to fly in a NFZ,theres 2 options credit card or by phone
sorry to say you paid a stiff price for skirting the rules
if you had got your licence you would have known,sorry this happened
i paid for the faa license.

i paid for the faa license.
didnt you read up on no fly zones?,if you had unlocked the NFZ you would have been ok,im not trying to be hard here as i know how you must feel

didnt you read up on no fly zones?,if you had unlocked the NFZ you would have been ok,im not trying to be hard here as i know how you must feel
i know what you mean, but what im saying is why would it even let me fly for a couple minutes or even let me take off. that should be a question that shows up once you start up your drone. know what i mean?

Maybe you took off before you got gps lock? If you took off in Atti mode and then gps kicked in once it picked up all the satellites, then it may have happened.

i know what you mean, but what im saying is why would it even let me fly for a couple minutes or even let me take off. that should be a question that shows up once you start up your drone. know what i mean?
with you powering everything up,it may have a few seconds to popup,but when you cancelled the popup then it went to landing mode

how you guys doing? i have a quick question.

I got my mavic pro fly more combo for Christmas, and then like 5 days later i'm flying it, in my friends backyard to show him. He lives inside the yellow zone. I was able to take off, and fly for like a good minute, then it asked me for a payment option, i then canceled it and then with-in seconds of canceling it the drone started to auto land itself. I was literally one house away. I tried to cancel the auto land so i could fly it back to myself, but it was saying command canceled. As it was auto landing between two houses, it started to hit something, i couldn't see what because it was already lowering to land itself. Then when it hit something it fell to the ground and i went to go get it, it was done. My arm, my camera were broken. The camera hanging by some wires, and the arm as well. i just want to know, if i was at fault or was it a problem with the drone.
If you can get the flight log for this incident it may provide more details on the truth. DJI Flight Log Viewer

I'm a little confused about this, too, and I'm having trouble understanding from just DJI's website. I discovered I was in a yellow zone a while back with a warning and the drone not allowing me to take off. It said I could self authorize by verifying via credit card or phone number. What happens when you "self authorize" and enter a credit card or phone number? Why would it allow you to do this and under what circumstances is it technically "legal" to do so?

Thanks all

click the link in the post above yours......

I'm a little confused about this, too, and I'm having trouble understanding from just DJI's website. I discovered I was in a yellow zone a while back with a warning and the drone not allowing me to take off. It said I could self authorize by verifying via credit card or phone number. What happens when you "self authorize" and enter a credit card or phone number? Why would it allow you to do this and under what circumstances is it technically "legal" to do so?

Thanks all
I believe the intention is that a credit card or a phone number can uniquely identify you, so when you agree to take responsibility for flying in an NFZ, it is a more "legal contact"

click the link in the post above yours......
I did, but I hate to admit I'm still curious about how this works. The link says,

"By default, GEO limits flights into or taking off within zones that raise safety or security concerns. If a flight within one of these locations has been authorized, GEO allows users with verified DJI accounts to temporarily unlock or self-authorize their flights. This unlock function is not available for sensitive national-security locations."

Then the bottom part says,

"Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear yellow in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account.Example Authorization Zone: Model aircraft flying club near an airport."

So entering a credit card number or phone number just gives DJI some way to hold the user accountable, similar to signing a contract, I assume? Or am I missing something?

thats pretty much what is happening. Its them telling you "I wouldnt do that if i were you", And by you giving them your information you are thumbing your nose at them and doing it anyway. Then, when something bad happens, they have proof so they can say "we told you so!"

thats pretty much what is happening. Its them telling you "I wouldnt do that if i were you", And by you giving them your information you are thumbing your nose at them and doing it anyway. Then, when something bad happens, they have proof so they can say "we told you so!"

I gotcha (and sorry for hijacking this thread!)

Are there any conditions of flight in an authorization zone (outside of being a model aircraft club or something like that) that makes it OK to self authorize and take flight? I ask because I was recently trying to show off my drone at my family's house only to learn we were on the perimeter of an authorization zone and I couldn't take off. Something to do with a very low altitude or something like that?

i'm also thinking because I just got a spark drone, too and I liked the idea of taking big family group pictures with it.

If it will let you self authorize, you can fly. Simple as that.
I might just move the family to a scenic area away from the NFZ. FAA fines are quite expensive from what I read.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag