DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Stress Cracks

I'm gonna report that mine cracked too- but it was a just under 1 hour top replacement job thanks to Thunder-drones' advice.
Got the top from him for $35ish, got an iFixIt disposable plastic pry bar for <$10, found a 1.5mm hex screwdriver and a really tiny Philips head, and watched the videos he posted in his "Drone Repaired at reasonable cost" thread in Classifieds, and was able to replace the old top with a new one that has so far had no problems with even bumps.

Odd thing: The bumps appear to come from a part of the top shell where it clips onto the front bit between OA sensors, not something pressing up into them that I can see.

Good luck, to all repairing or replacing their Mavics.

Reactions: WizDrone
When doing epoxy repairs or strengthening, adding a thin layer or fiberglass cloth greatly improves the strength.
I have no signs of this, but given that several people have experienced it, I may pull the cover and add some FG reinforcement now before it starts to fail.

If I can fix it myself for reasonable cost, I will not send it to DJI, covered by warranty or not.

I'm too uncomfortable with getting back a refurb, not my own drone.

I know the history of my aircraft. What its been through. Every crash. Anything that's been fixed, how it was fixed.

For me, getting someone else's drone back that works and passes all tests doesn't make me feel as confident as my own -- with its known to me history -- fixed.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Beast, why so rude?
You asked a question. People, including me, took the time to give you an answer. End of story.
You don't have to agree, but don't invite a discussion and then get pissy because everybody doesn't agree with you.
He wasn't rude at all. How is it rude to state his opinion that you are completely misguided on this? It's an opinion, and it might represent fact. In this case it does, and I share his opinion. When did stating that someone is "misguided" become an insult?

No, he wasn't rude, you are just oversensitive about being told you are wrong about something.

These aren't facts. These are personal experiences, interpretations and opinions put out to answer a question.
Are the parts of the T&C that Beast quoted opinion or facts?

Is the presence of his aircraft at DJI, with modifications, being repaired under warranty at no cost a fact or an opinion?

I have the stress cracks in the front and a small bulge in my battery with a crack on top. Just emailed DJI about it today. My last flight my camera just went grey for no reason for about a minute until i landed and came back.
d91e5db2094db3d86e383008704221f5.jpg
fe63d5d478f1f9b03f665f274f675a87.jpg

I have this crack on top of mine too at the front. Was it covered under DJI warranty or DJI Care?

Just went through all this. First noticed the bumps a few months ago but didn't give it much thought initially. As time went on though, the bumps got worse and then cracks started showing. Also, someone mentioned cracks on the gimbal and when I had close look, there was a crack developing there too. So I decided to contact Dji support.

To make a long story short, I got a new replacement under warranty. Initially, they were going to charge me for the repair but I was able to convince them it was a manufacturing defect and that I wasn't alone by including a link to these threads in this forum about the problem.

For me, the whole process from initial email contact to getting the replacement back was a month but being in Canada, over two weeks of that time was shipping back and forth. (FYI, web support doesn't work for Canadians, that's why I emailed).

Bottom line, I'm glad I sent it in. Was nervous doing it because of all the horror stories I'd read about Dji support in the past but it went very well.

Gimbal Crack.jpg Nose Crack.jpg

How many of you guys with the "crack problem" (no pun intended) live in hot countries? I wonder if the heat would be causing the weak points to become soft and start to crack when cooled down again? To me this would be logical. Thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661