DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic to Inspire

EarlieP

Reactions
Ok, I have a Mavic which I am very happy with (touch wood)!!!

With all the issues that you see around the Mavic Pro, of which many I'm sure are down to pilot error! If I looked in various other forums for say the Inspire do you see the same problems or issues?

Are there less issues because the pilots 'maybe' more professional or are there less issues because the Inspire is a far better / more reliable platform? (or are there issues with all of these products due to the technology etc?)

Are there less issues because the pilots 'maybe' more professional or are there less issues because the Inspire is a far better / more reliable platform?
If judging by forums along, you're going to see less issues since there aren't as many Inspire owners. DJI's most popular models are the Phantom and Mavic. That's why those forums are the most active no matter where you go on the Internet.

All of the issues with my Mavic have not been pilot error, especially since it arrived to me that way. The gimbal issues that are everywhere on these forums are real and will be a black eye for the Mavic. (Horizon tilt, jello, half focus) If not the subject of a complete recall. And that's just the people registered on a forum. As for the Inspire, it's a more sophisticated machine and is most definitely engineered to a higher standard and that's reflected in the price point. As for your suggestion that the Inspire prices out the Riff Raff, that's a bit unfair to Mavic pilots though I see your point. Just keep in that money doesn't buy brains, or professionalism for that matter. The Mavic is, for many, an entry level platform so many are new to the experience and that means mistakes resulting in a crash. Make no mistake, the unexpected release of the Karma Drone forced DJI to rush the Mavic to market and currant Mavic owners are paying the price for that.

The gimbal issues that are everywhere on these forums are real and will be a black eye for the Mavic. (Horizon tilt, jello, half focus) If not the subject of a complete recall.
So, you're thinking the majority of Mavic owners are experiencing these issues? That doesn't seem to be the vibe in this forum.

Reactions: Clinton1
Yes I can see that, I suppose I was struggling for the right words not wanting offend any particular group. I was just thinking about if some of the issues that flyers have also inflict the higher end models!

Mine, too, has been exemplary thus far. I think it's the age-old thing whereby the people whose Mavics have problems are far more likely to voice their disappointments online than those with no issues.

Regarding the Inspire...... Although it is obviously the more professional drone, what it gains in features, it loses in photo-shoot opportunities. Stealthy it ain't. I would feel incredibly restricted with something that conspicuous.

Reactions: scooot
I suppose i was just interested if - for example an Inspire quad had some of the same issues that are voiced on this forum.

Personally i have had no issues with my mavic (lucky me)

So, you're thinking the majority of Mavic owners are experiencing these issues? That doesn't seem to be the vibe in this forum.
No I don't think it's a majority but the percentage is VERY high. Google it or search YouTube for Mavic gimbal jitter, jello, or wavey video and you get a lot of results. That's a specific and recurring issue with just Mavics. It doesn't have to reach a majority to result in a recall. Karma's battery issue that resulted in GoPro recalling them was actually very rare but specific and recurring.

EarlieP...I wasn't offended btw.

Reactions: EarlieP
No I don't think it's a majority but the percentage is VERY high
I wouldn't expect more than 5% of Mavic owners to have issues. They sure do make a lot of fuss about it while the other 95% are silent, but still...

The Inspire had its fair share of critics when it came out as well. If you were following the Inspire forums back then they were all falling out of the sky for no reason, and the camera was a useless piece of junk. The one real recurrent issue that was never fixed is the secondary (camera op) remote control signal issue.

Reactions: EarlieP
I owned an Inspire, and all the moans and groans about the Mavic are much the same with the Inspire, back in the day. Props flying off, motors noisy, motors stopping in mid flight and fly aways...
It was big, noisy and so obvious in the air that it would attract so much attension .. that I sold it
and as stated.. the camera on the inpsire .. was'nt great

I don't know how I did it but I received a perfect Mavic . One would think out of all the problems you read of on these forums that I would have had at least one of them :)

Seriously though , go to most any forum and read all the bitching . Motorcycle forums are a good example . You would think by visiting any product forum on a regular basis that it's a wonder the company could even continue to sell the product with all the reported problems . People b.itch and moan on forums while 10s of thousands don't even feel the need to join one because they are doing fine .

Well my "fuss" is the sad fact that having owned a $1300 drone since February it's been physically able to fly and take usable video for a total of two days and has been on a UPS truck or repair facility longer than it's been in my possession. I just want to be one of these happy Mavic owners everyone keeps telling me exist. For the money I spent, though not Inspire caliber, I should have had that back in February not MAYBE in June. I'm trying my best to love this stupid thing and, frankly, many others in my shoes would have told DJI to choke on their Mavic a long time ago. The first time I tried to diagnose the jello issue the sheer number of results made me feel like I just bought a Galaxy four months after it started catching airliners on fire. The replacement Mavic had an entire separate issue that made it unflyable.

...fyi... I'm not taking about the half dozen people who had the gimbal physically out of place or operating in Sub-Zero temps.

Knock on wood I'm one of the lucky guys too..... never a glitch or hiccup so far in 50 flights and approx 7hrs of total flying time. I've done each and every update, sometimes straight off my 7plus iPhone out in the field. Hope the luck continues.

Reactions: rydfree
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww