DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Keep in mind I'm NOT... a "drone expert" just a guy that flies over water ALL THE TIME.
After some pretty extensive testing... what we learned is that you have to SEE IN YOUR MIND what the bottom sensors see.
The drone DOES... get confused over water in certain situations, but this usually happens when...
1- You are flying very close to moving water like a stream. (3-8 feet)
2- When you are close to ONLY water and you have prop wash on the water surface.
Did my best to explain it here.

Great video. Nicely presenting the case for various modes. I have flown a lot over water. The ocean, lakes, dams. Most flights have been with my Inspire 1 Pro for the low altitude stuff. So not the same issues with downward sensors as the Mavic. I have used the Mavic over lakes but only at high altitude (20m or so). I will bear your experience in mind when I next fly low over a river near trees. After all, that is one of the reasons that I bought the Mavic - tripod mode among trees after a hike. Recently experimented with that and happy with the results.
Next to do are some local rivers and small lakes at low level.

When I look at those videos I just think that the guys want to crash the Mavic.... don't get the point to do that...

Exactly. Like there isn't enough to worry about flying these things anyway. Flying over water is one rhing. Trying to land on it...

Ebay says you don't ship to Australia. Do you know if there is a product available for us? (not as good as yours of course)
I think I can ship the components without the styrofoam balls. You can just get styrofoamballs over there so the shipment will be cheaper. Also assembling it will be a breeze, I don't think you will have any problems. I will tell you the dimensions of the balls you will need. What do you think? If you really want me to ship everything together I can do that too. It will be just more expensive to you.

Keep in mind I'm NOT... a "drone expert" just a guy that flies over water ALL THE TIME.
After some pretty extensive testing... what we learned is that you have to SEE IN YOUR MIND what the bottom sensors see.
The drone DOES... get confused over water in certain situations, but this usually happens when...
1- You are flying very close to moving water like a stream. (3-8 feet)
2- When you are close to ONLY water and you have prop wash on the water surface.
Did my best to explain it here.
Great video explaining how this thing works! I really didn't have any problems with sensors at all though. All the sensors were working just fine flying really close to water. Though I was confident and didn't really mind getting too close to water since I had the floaters on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard