DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boston_Pilot

Reactions
Hello Pilots,

We have created a water landing mod for the Mavic / Mavic Plat. If you have some other mods you would be interested that hasn't been done yet or needs to be 3D printed and sent to you hit us up and we can work something out.
[This video was shot by Spark and that thing is really awesome. I would encourage everyone to check it out :) ]

I might or might not have mentioned that there is an Ebay [Link Here] ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gotcha
A few questions Boston, others might be wondering too.

What weight ?
Have you done a comparo on battery fly time ? (wind resistance drain ?)

Landing on water.
I was always under the assumption the lower sensors had trouble with 'reading' water ?
Maybe, maybe not ?
If no issue, do you just left stick down to land like normal ?
If there is an issue with sensors / water, how do you land . . . carefully, and kill motors with toggles in / down ?

I like the clearance on dry land use too, an extra benefit there.

Good little promo video, good luck with them.

What weight ?

Landing on water.
I was always under the assumption the lower sensors had trouble with 'reading' water ?
Maybe, maybe not ?
If there is an issue with sensors / water, how do you land . . . carefully, and kill motors with toggles in / down ?

The legs are 3D Printed from PETG material, really durable and have just so little flexible that they absorb impact quite well. They are two parts, you can detach the portion with styrofoam ball and use the top part as a regular landing gear. The drone handles quite well. It actually handles much better than I expected. There was no problem with landing or interference of sensors. There were no obstacle warnings. There was also no problem landing on water whatsoever. You just pull the down stick and it automatically lands. I haven't encountered any agitated / problematic sensors. I haven't actually weighted the system but it is quite light weight. You will hardly even notice them during your flight unless it's really really windy. I will need to conduct a test on flight time because I haven't measured. However I would't expect the flight time to be effected more than 3-4 minutes.

I like the emergency ejection that the battery did, saving itself from the drink.:D

Reactions: Cyberpower678
3aec76898e1141d0002a2153becdf58f.jpg

Reactions: Boston_Pilot
The legs are 3D Printed from PETG material, really durable and have just so little flexible that they absorb impact quite well. They are two parts, you can detach the portion with styrofoam ball and use the top part as a regular landing gear.

Thanks for the info, it's a great idea to have the dual purpose with leg extenders built in for use without floats for normal landings.

I will consider if I'm ever game to try them, after the bath effort video above !!

I guess if you were flying over calm water, and wanted to have a back up landing plan in the event of an issue / forced landing, they could come in very handy.

Not sure if they say our not in the comments. Here is another one that lost there balls. (at the 2:20 mark) Got lucky the outboard saved it from the drink

lol these are quite entertaining. I don't think it's the drones or floaters fault tho lmfao

I have a question...why? Why does anybody need this?

I can’t imagine the benefit. The Mavic is designed to be, and is at its best, in the sky, not at ground level.

And if the answer is because you could run out of battery when flying above water then you deserve your Mavic to finish in the drink. Fly responsibly!

What weight ?

Landing on water.
Maybe, maybe not ?

I got the same from thekkking in Canada... Orange fluo. They weight nothing. Wind resistance is surely the biggest concern that we can dig on but which is nothing compared to your mavic sunken..
No real sensor troubles. Just declining to land on unsafe area so I force to land. Engines stop automatically...

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I got the same from thekkking in Canada... Orange fluo. They weight nothing. Wind resistance is surely the biggest concern that we can dig on but which is nothing compared to your mavic sunken..
No real sensor troubles. Just declining to land on unsafe area so I force to land. Engines stop automatically...
Exactly. I often fly my drones over water and having the water landing give piece of mind whenever I'm shooting close to water. It doesn't have a significant effect on flight unless it's so windy that even without the landing mod the Mavic is struggling.

Reactions: Bergumbira
Hello Pilots,

We have created a water landing mod for the Mavic / Mavic Plat. If you have some other mods you would be interested that hasn't been done yet or needs to be 3D printed and sent to you hit us up and we can work something out.
[This video was shot by Spark and that thing is really awesome. I would encourage everyone to check it out :) ]

I might or might not have mentioned that there is an Ebay [Link Here] ;)
Ebay says you don't ship to Australia. Do you know if there is a product available for us? (not as good as yours of course)

Land on water? Not me, but what do I know?
Thanks for keeping things in perspective, above all UAV should be entertaining this kind of stuff is certainly that ℞
Videos please!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580