DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavric Mini completly crazy after landing in wet grass

kepoui

Reactions
Hello guys,

So a friend of mine gave me his Mavric Mini that it out of service after landing on wet grass. So there are so many problems that I wonder what is happening :

- when I charge the battery threw the drone ( usb cord ) , led 3 and 4 start blink (3 times per seconds ) after few minutes
- when I turn on the drone, the gimbal start moving crazy in any direction like is having epileptic seizure
- doesn't connect to the remote
- computer doesn't detect the drone when linked with USB

How is possible that so many thing are f***ed up ? The drone is almost new ...

It got wet, how wet was that grass :eek:

Edit – just realised that was your first post so Welcome to Mavic Pilots

Thanks man , he told me "little wet" , can it be something easily fixable ? changing some electronic board ... ?

First - Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.
When you say when I turn on the drone, the gimbal start moving crazy in any direction like is having epileptic seizure - for how long ?
Have you downloaded the correct app and the latest version ?
The lights on my batteries for my MA blink when they are being charged

“How is possible that so many thing are f***ed up ? The drone is almost new ...”

Age has nothing to do with what it must have gone through to create so many issues....

Don’t see how a little wet grass could have cause these problems unless the grass was growing in a lake.

First - Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.
When you say when I turn on the drone, the gimbal start moving crazy in any direction like is having epileptic seizure - for how long ?
Have you downloaded the correct app and the latest version ?
The lights on my batteries for my MA blink when they are being charged
I doesn't stop moving like crazy until I turn it off.
I can't download any firmware or anything since I can't connect to the remote or the computer

Hello guys,

So a friend of mine gave me his Mavric Mini that it out of service after landing on wet grass. So there are so many problems that I wonder what is happening :

- when I charge the battery threw the drone ( usb cord ) , led 3 and 4 start blink (3 times per seconds ) after few minutes
- when I turn on the drone, the gimbal start moving crazy in any direction like is having epileptic seizure

Seeing that we have flown the Mini in the rain a dozen times, its obvious to me that your Mini did not land on wet grass , but most likely was submerged this would explain the behavior two fold.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

As others have said, it must have got more than a bit of water on it. Pure distilled water is an insulator, won't short clean things. Problem is, impurities and dissolved solids in most all other water make the water able to conduct electricity and can then short things out and cause electrolysis and galvanic corrosion etc.

Cardinal rule #1 when electronics get wet - get the battery out ASAP and do not power it up until you take further remedial steps, the more you play with it trying to get it to work, the more damage may be done in terms of corrosion. It's a good idea to submerge the item in distilled water as soon as possible. This is to remove contamination. Rinse it well and allow to dry. There are lots of threads here regarding this.

an op here found his mini after 2 months (61 days) in open area taking heavy rains. He took out the battery, let it dry and its flying as new (some minor rust on screws etc).

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Water and electronics do not mix. Even a little water, even distilled can cause problems. Distilled water itself doesn’t cause the problem. What dissolves into the distilled water when it gets on a circuit board causes the problem. Many substances when dissolved into water cause the new solution to conduct electricity. If it is very conductive, the battery has plenty of power to fry everything. If it is less conductive, it starts by damaging the most sensitive components.

You will find that all iPhones have a very sensitive moisture sensor. Any evidence of moisture around the phone, even if it still appears functional, will void the warranty. Water and electronics cause problems everywhere.

Reactions: petedffy and ff22
Hello guys,

Pour water on a computer and see what happens. Welcome to the forum.

Me thinks it was a crash into wet grass. Anyways, 1&2 lights supposed to blink before 3&4. DJI don fix wet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032