DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Altitude?

The max altitude is 500 meters above the takeoff location.

If you want to get technical about it, it's set to 30 meters since Beginner Mode is enabled by default.

500m?... I live n the USA but when I was flying my Mavic Pro earlier today I put it in the shy and I could not see my drone but when I looked down at my DJI GO 4 app. the altitude numbers were 9057.. Is that meters or what? I am new to the drone stuff.... Finally I hit RTH and it took quite a long time to get back.... I am a newbie.

If you want to get technical about it, it's set to 30 meters since Beginner Mode is enabled by default.
You sure? Mine wasn't, and it actually defaulted back to normal everytime I flew it. I suspect.its changed.because I thought by default, it should be in beginner mode but mine needs setting so, every time.

500m?... I live n the USA but when I was flying my Mavic Pro earlier today I put it in the shy and I could not see my drone but when I looked down at my DJI GO 4 app. the altitude numbers were 9057.. Is that meters or what? I am new to the drone stuff.... Finally I hit RTH and it took quite a long time to get back.... I am a newbie.
You need to watch a lot of videos, in settings you can have it in metres or feet. I doubt it was metres, there's a you tube video of one going 2000 metres and that's seriously high, it consumed vast amounts of battery power, but you need To set your max altitude and Start off in beginner mode..

the altitude numbers were 9057.. Is that meters or what?
I'm assuming it was feet. If meters, your Mavic would have started to auto land when it was too high to safely return home.

No way it's 9000m. the battery is not enough to get it that high. 9000ft? How long did you had the throttle fully up for? Fell asleep with the foot down, i mean thumb up?

Yep. When you activate a new aircraft in DJI GO, Beginner Mode is toggled to the on position.
I'm 99% certain my relatively new one wasn't! And for sure, I set it so to beginner mode .to discover on my second flight it had reverted back to normal as I wasn't expecting that. Beginner mode for me at least, always has to be set so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu