DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max flight speed was reduced to 19 m/s in latest fw, even in US

Fanti

Reactions
And of course no mention anywhere in the release notes. What a joke.

Attachments

• 563D4B6F-6BF7-4261-B8AB-578FED33C7A4.jpeg
    563D4B6F-6BF7-4261-B8AB-578FED33C7A4.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 104
19 meter/second = 42.501789549 mile/hour
15 meter/second = 33.554044381 mile/hour
5 meter/second = 11.18468146 mile/hour
Ascent: 8 meter/second = 17.895490336 mile/hour
Descent: 6 meter/second = 13.421617752 mile/hour

probably to do with the C1 class mark ,has to meet certain criteria

probably to do with the C1 class mark ,has to meet certain criteria
All other changes before now were region specific! The C1 class mark requirement of no user control over the Auxiliary Landing Light was only imposed in the EU. In the U.S. we still can turn it on and off, at will, under all FW versions. Same with keeping the front lights on during video, another C1 class mark requirement, which can still be turned off in the U.S.. RID broadcasting under .0800 was only in the EU. RID broadcasting was only added in the U.S. with .0900 and was fully disclosed.

So, this new max flight speed reduction should have been unique to the EU, and not imposed globally. DJI has the clear ability to adjust the settings based upon the location of the drone, just like CE and FCC range limits, and the recent C1 class mark requirements.

This global "one size fits all" imposition of a new setting for Maximum Speed, where the drone is crippled to the lowest international denominator, a full year after release, is grossly unfair, and totally unnecessary!

Assuming
it is, in fact, correct, for the U.S.!
Could be that the specs are displayed based upon the country from which the search is initiated.

Reactions: drakkor
Assuming it is, in fact, correct, for the U.S.!
Could be that the specs are displayed based upon the country from which the search is initiated.
Simple way to check would be to test the actual top speed in Sport Mode in an FCC region with the latest firmware.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Simple way to check would be to test the actual top speed in Sport Mode in an FCC region with the latest firmware.
Indeed! Foul weather here is currently preventing such testing. I bought a second Mavic 3, a DJI Refurb, specifically to test all the new goodies that accompanied mandatory, premature broadcasting of RID on .0900 in the U.S., a full 9 months early, so as to maintain my privacy and safety in the interim on the original Mavic 3, kept on .0800. The new Mavic 3 Waypoints feature that was finally just released with the latest .1000 is helping soften the blow of swallowing the poison pill of RID before it is required.

That's good enough for me. Makes sense. All the changes are region specific, rather than global. Credit to DJI for doing it correctly, regionally, based upon the location of the drone, rather than one size fits all!

Can you check in your gain & expo settings what max flight speed you can seit sport mode ? I can only set max. 18.5 m/s. In the US, latest fw and FCC of course....

Can you check in your gain & expo settings what max flight speed you can seit sport mode ? I can only set max. 18.5 m/s. In the US, latest fw and FCC of course....
Just checked my Mavic 3 (non-classic or Cine) and I can set 21.00 m/s in sport mode. I confirmed this a couple days ago in flight and I was getting 46-47 mph (depending on wind and direction of flight). Im in South Florida.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne