DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

May have found Wunderphone 2

did you check to see if the phone was getting warm?

Reactions: Billbrain
droneuser,
they would like you to sign up for a plan, but you are allowed to buy without a plan. My total cost including taxes was $21.79.........no plan was needed. But the phone is absolutely useless to make calls unless they are 911 or Walmart cell phone plan. I should get it tomorrow and will do a thorough test on its stability and how long I can keep the video stream alive on a single charge.
tjcooper

droneuser,
they would like you to sign up for a plan, but you are allowed to buy without a plan. My total cost including taxes was $21.79.........no plan was needed. But the phone is absolutely useless to make calls unless they are 911 or Walmart cell phone plan. I should get it tomorrow and will do a thorough test on its stability and how long I can keep the video stream alive on a single charge.
tjcooper

hum I must be doing something wrong then :( please post on what you find when you do your test! Thanks!

Straight Talk has messed up emails. 1st said delivered by USPS last Friday(which never happened). I called today and they say delivery now goes by FedEx and I should have it two days from now. Will let you know how well it works.
tjcooper

UPDATE on SENSA. Unit came in and works. I put it on Mavic Pro the first evening and flew it in my garage. Screen is bright and clear and all the buttons work.

Today I had a problem at fight field where it could not import a file from the server.....I have no wifi at the flight field. Later at home with Wifi I had the same problem. SO I have un-installed and re-installed DJI Go 4 app.

I will test it out at the field again tomorrow. I have a SIM but no paid program to get LTE data. I will be really unhappy if it periodically needs to download files when I am out of WiFi range. SENSA fits very well into RC unit and is very fast to boot and find drone. It compares very well with my Nexus 6 from Google.

Once I have remote field tests done, I will give a quick comparison to my Note4, Nexus 6, and Lenovo Yoga Tab3.....all of which have connected to drone for at least one flight.
tjcooper

Reactions: ross4443
UPDATE:
So I flew all day with the SENSA and after 5 battery loads the cell phone battery was at 75% of its initial full state.

I flew the Mavic Pro from 100% charge to 25% charge for each of the 5 battery loads. So this proves two things:
1) the Huawei SENSA does fully support all the cell phone functions that my NOTE 4 and Nexus 6 offer.
2) the 3000maH battery in the Sensa well supports the display function of being used in the Mavic Pro for I would estimate 400 minutes of display time (by extrapolation of 5 packs * 20 minutes flight time to yield 25% loss of full battery).

Two things should be pointed out about SENSA:
1) I had to re-install the DJI Go 4 application because I was stopped in the field by DJI Go 4 saying it had to load another file from server (and I have no LTE servcie with this phone). After reload I got a different but similar message saying it needed to download a file. I just hit the "X" in the upper left corner to ignore that message. Then I got the usual "I need to download the new No Fly Zone maps" which I also ignored. Then at this point the regular "Go Fly" menu appeared and I could fly without problems.

2) During my 4th flight today in a park near my house which I have flown the Movic Pro many times without "notification" messages, I suddently get "you are in a airport no fly zone....must hit key to confirm and another button to accept confirmation". This happened about every 30 seconds during the flight. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. With my Nexus 6 cell phone I had signed up for flying "forgiveness" to no fly zones. That cured all my problems with notifications for Nexus 6. So do I have to do the signup for "forgiveness" for each phone I use to bind with the Mavic Pro remote controller?

Anyway. My $20 SENSA appears to be an absolute wonder for pairing with the Mavic Pro. Be sure to put a Gorilla Glass over the display because the remote controller jambs into the display every time you close the holding arms. Check all the Walmart Simple Phone stores to see if they have one on sale as a refurbish that you can buy for very few dollars.
tjcooper

Update:

Still flying with the Sensa. I have found that there is a performance option under battery, which you can set for balanced or high performance. Once I set it to high performance, it became much snappier for loading things, which was my main gripe. Obviously battery life decreases, but I can always switch back to balanced mode if I plan to stay out longer.

Overall, this phone is far better than Wunderphone 1 when it comes to value. If you see one for $20-30, pick it up ASAP. There's not a single phone I've seen that comes even close to the value or bang-for-the-buck.

Last edited:
Reactions: wsteele
Just-nick
have you ever seen a "location" message I reported earlier about being in airport area?
I flew last week in the same park field and no notifications. It seems random.
tjcooper

UPDATE: the Huawei Sensa phone available again for $19.95 at:
Phones | SimpleMobile
just be sure to click "no thanks" and the end of the purchase process to opt out of
getting a phone plan.

THis is still a superb phone for Mavic Pro. But I have noticed that putting a large SD card in the unit (for no practical purpose, does slow down boot time).
tjcooper

it wont let me :( the sites wants me to enter a zip code when I do it saids service not available in your area :(

just this last week SimpleTalk (Walmart) phones had the same $19.95 sale on Sensa. I bought another because it is just too good a deal in case my other one breaks.

You must go through the whole sign up procedure. Then in the final checkout menus where it is giving you the option to change your phone plan, you ask to see all the plans. In that menu one of the options is "no, thanks". You click that and there is no subscription charge. Only the Sensa had the ability to have "no, thanks". The other phones would not allow that.

UPDATE: I am seeing some "frozen video" streams at the bottom of the screen when flying sometimes. I am trying to "prove to myself" that this is not a Sensa problem by using my NEXUS 6 when this problem happens. I think it is other DJI flyers at the field filling up the SpreadSpectrum space and that cuts down on downklink video and causes multiple lines of video to be replicated. Still trying to figure out why this happens. Seems to be random and not very often. In a few seconds later, the problem goes away.
tjcooper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121