DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MC-Cases for the Mavic Pro

Anthony

Reactions
Reactions: RobP62 and JtrJr
I did look at that also but i wanted to have a case to fit everything in.... :)

They have nice cases- but it is big. I actually like the idea of being able to store my factory Mavic bag inside!

I got the GoProfessional case - it's compact and super high quality!

Here's the link to the review I did of the GPC case

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They have nice cases- but it is big. I actually like the idea of being able to store my factory Mavic bag inside!

I got the GoProfessional case - it's compact and super high quality!

Here's the link to the review I did of the GPC case

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
What would shipping to canada be like ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wingo and dam
I actually like the idea of being able to store my factory Mavic bag inside!

That is a good point. For carrying around, it seems too big. But I guess if it's mostly for storage, it would be nice to have the small Mavic bag in it as well. Maybe I'll get both the GPC and the MC to see which is better.

That is a good point. For carrying around, it seems too big. But I guess if it's mostly for storage, it would be nice to have the small Mavic bag in it as well. Maybe I'll get both the GPC and the MC to see which is better.

Storage is the main reason i have gone with the MC one as i have a combo arriving on Monday ..

Reactions: mikeroycollins
I really went back and forth over several weeks between the Go Professional case and the MC Case before I decided on the MC-Cases COMPACT CASE. Since both companies have a good reputation for making excellent cases, it came down to this... Since one of the best features of the Mavic is its compact size, I figured I should get the smallest case possible that fits MY needs. I plan to use this case for travel, specifically airline travel as well as general use.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶a̶w̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶.̶S̶.̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶L̶i̶P̶o̶ ̶(̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶:̶ ̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶w̶w̶w̶.̶f̶a̶a̶.̶g̶o̶v̶/̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶/̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶_̶o̶r̶g̶/̶h̶e̶a̶d̶q̶u̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶s̶_̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶s̶/̶a̶s̶h̶/̶a̶s̶h̶_̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶/̶h̶a̶z̶m̶a̶t̶/̶p̶a̶s̶s̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶_̶i̶n̶f̶o̶/̶m̶e̶d̶i̶a̶/̶a̶i̶r̶l̶i̶n̶e̶_̶p̶a̶s̶s̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶_̶a̶n̶d̶_̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶.̶p̶d̶f̶ ̶)̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶2̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶L̶i̶P̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶u̶g̶g̶a̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶1̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶i̶P̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶f̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

The GoProfessional case is 30% bigger is physical size than the MC-Cases compact case. The GoProfessional case weighs 6 pounds. That's 40% more (almost double) than the MC-Case compact case at 3.7 lbs. All that extra weight and size just to carry 2 more batteries? This case is small enough I could drop it into a backpack with plenty room to spare.

You can get MC-Cases on Amazon shipped direct from the manufacturer for cheaper than found on the MC-Cases website here: https://www.amazon.com/Professional...708139&sr=8-1&keywords=mavic+pro+compact+case

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Doesn't that only apply to batteries with a capacity over 100Wh? The Mavic batteries are less than 44Wh. I think you can carry on as many of them as you want.

I think you are correct. The smaller MC Cases case still makes more sense for my needs. It just seems like unnecessary bulk to carry 2 more batteries. This case will be in my home most of the time. I prefer to have the batteries in LiPo safe bags at home. Thanks for pointing that out tho... It's nice to know I can carry more spares in Lipo safe bags in the airline if needed.

I really went back and forth over several weeks between the Go Professional case and the MC Case before I decided on the MC-Cases COMPACT CASE. Since both companies have a good reputation for making excellent cases, it came down to this... Since one of the best features of the Mavic is its compact size, I figured I should get the smallest case possible that fits MY needs. I plan to use this case for travel, specifically airline travel as well as general use. The current laws in the U.S. for LiPo (found here: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf ) only allow 2 uninstalled LiPo batteries per passenger. No uninstalled batteries are allowed in checked luggage. So, I have no need for a case that holds more than the 1 installed battery and 2 uninstalled batteries. Not to mention, I keep uninstalled batteries in LiPo safe bags when at home or not travelling.

The GoProfessional case is 30% bigger is physical size than the MC-Cases compact case. The GoProfessional case weighs 6 pounds. That's 40% more (almost double) than the MC-Case compact case at 3.7 lbs. All that extra weight and size just to carry 2 more batteries? This case is small enough I could drop it into a backpack with plenty room to spare.

You can get MC-Cases on Amazon shipped direct from the manufacturer for cheaper than found on the MC-Cases website here: https://www.amazon.com/Professional...708139&sr=8-1&keywords=mavic+pro+compact+case
No - your post is incorrect.
Less than 100Wh you can carry as many as you want - you are not restricted.
Over 100Wh is limited to two per passenger so if you are travelling as a couple you could carry four but since the small Mavic packs are less than 100Wh it is a moot point on the larger size

No - your post is incorrect.
Less than 100Wh you can carry as many as you want - you are not restricted.
Over 100Wh is limited to two per passenger so if you are travelling as a couple you could carry four but since the small Mavic packs are less than 100Wh it is a moot point on the larger size
Yes, I was already corrected on that point twice before you and acknowledged it. Keep up there....

Don't discount the DJi Mavic Pro original case because of the controller sticks. The packing material that came with my "leg extenders" from Amazon ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5D339B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 made the perfect stick protectors. I cut off about 1/4" of the open side which left enough protection and made a better fit and the end result is pretty compact. I can leave the leg extenders on too. Look between the legs to see how the controller is protected.

IMG_20170114_6298.jpg IMG_20170114_6890.jpg

Obviously, it comes down to a personal decision and each of us has different needs. But for news coverage in difficult climates and man-made or natural disasters, I'm more than pleased with MC-Cases' DJI Mavic Pro Explorer case for its ruggedness, storage for up to 8 batteries (or other stuff) and compartments beneath the aircraft that can hold many props. TV crews are no strangers to lots of baggage and this case is a welcome addition. German engineering is a definite plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RobP62
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89