DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Military Aviation style Mavic Pro operators checklist

Uploaded the new changes to the PDF. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Current version of the checklist is 1.02

Hi. Thanks for an excellent effort!
I would recommend one point to RTH setting, where you state "set RTH high enough for obstacles avoidance", I would put in also: "and low enough concerning the wind conditions".
(RTH alt. too high is not the best option due to high winds).
Maybe one more point to weather conds generally:
Check some app (like UAV weather forecast or other) for safe fly conds - including winds, geomag field, clouds/fog/rain forecast within the next hour of your flight. (I have it in my checklist too)

Then we can slowly move to next efforts I guess:
1) non-standard behavior safety guides for Mavic Pilots and
2) emergency procedures for Mavic pilots
3) assuring safety with / info-guide for bystanders... etc.

They will be appreciated as well :)

Reactions: dieselwind
Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I have noticed quite a bit of requests/posts related to checklists for the Mavic. I am an active duty helo pilot in the Army, and believe it or not, many of us are really into drones although we are in the air ourselves almost daily.

Anyway, here is a compilation checklist I made in the same format of the checklists we use to start up our helos. It's a PDF, and I have a word document. I consider this open source, so modify as you would like. My email address is on page two also if anyone wants to contact me directly with suggestions.

Cheers

Edit: Updated with "Gimbal clamp removal" added.

Updated 22 July 2017 16:31 - changed steps to reflect "transmitter - turn on" prior to "Mavic Pro - turn on"
Kudos to your sir;)

Great list! Thank you for doing this. About the only thing I'd add if I created one myself would be a pre-take off compass and interference check - ie: check to see if the icon is pointed in the same direction as the AC. I've seen it different on occasion, and it's reason enough for me to abort takeoff.

LP

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to use this list, thank you! The only other thing I've added to the pre-flight is taking a couple minutes to think about what types of shots I want to get. Too many times I find a "cool spot" and launch the Mavic and then just sort of figure out what's cool when I'm up there which leads to a lot of wasted battery.

Great -10 CL Diesel and like your avatar pic.
-60A/L/M MTP here and enjoy my quads as well.
Cool! A/L/M SP/IE here. Nice to see another fellow 60 person on here.

Reactions: Chas@JPA
Great list! Thank you for doing this. About the only thing I'd add if I created one myself would be a pre-take off compass and interference check - ie: check to see if the icon is pointed in the same direction as the AC. I've seen it different on occasion, and it's reason enough for me to abort takeoff.

LP
Could you give me a little more detail on how you do this check? I might add it as a note or caution box below "compass - check, calibrate as required"

Can you post the Word Document,
Please !
Great work, many thanks to OP
I just tried, and it is giving me an error saying that .doc or .docx is not an allowed extension??

@dieselwind - Another grateful Mavic pilot indebted to you both for your Service to our country as well as to our Quad Pilot community!

I salute you, sir.Thumbswayup

Could you give me a little more detail on how you do this check? I might add it as a note or caution box below "compass - check, calibrate as required"

Sure - all I do is look at the orientation of the red arrow on the map when I'm confirming the RTH location before takeoff.

LP

LP

I added a note to the compass step. Thanks for the input! Updated the PDF Checklist.

Added a tablet friendly PDF since I noticed the split page didn't look so well on the ipad. Enjoy.

I'm ex-military and 30 years D.O.D (Retired) and I live and die by checklists. Thank you for your service and your effort!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803