DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Military Aviation style Mavic Pro operators checklist

Could you give me a little more detail on how you do this check? I might add it as a note or caution box below "compass - check, calibrate as required"

Hi there, this is what I also wanted to mention. Before starting the mission, I always hover for 15-20 sec in the air, at low alt. like 2 meters above the ground, I do full 360deg. turn left and right for compas proper function check, and also look for drifting with no joystick input and overall Mavic behavior for slight joysticks touch.

I don't go up before I finish this (lets call it) "behavior" check. Then I am more sure all is going to be OK during the flight.

Cheers

Solid, didn't see this in time, created my own already :) good work, will definately print a copy

Reactions: dieselwind
Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I have noticed quite a bit of requests/posts related to checklists for the Mavic. I am an active duty helo pilot in the Army, and believe it or not, many of us are really into drones although we are in the air ourselves almost daily.

Anyway, here is a compilation checklist I made in the same format of the checklists we use to start up our helos. It's a PDF, and I have a word document. I consider this open source, so modify as you would like. My email address is on page two also if anyone wants to contact me directly with suggestions.

Cheers

Edit: Updated with "Gimbal clamp removal" added.

Updated 22 July 2017 16:31 - changed steps to reflect "transmitter - turn on" prior to "Mavic Pro - turn on"

Updated 23 July 2017 12:44 - word doc added as zip file (would not accept .doc or .docx)

Updated 23 July 2017 15:03 - added compass calibration note.

Updated 23 July 2017 17:26 - uploaded tablet/phone friendly PDF.
Whybwould you care about having the latest update no this big a big no no. Stay on the lowest best version you can. Never versions of the code are modified and "fixed" by the B or C teams.

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I have noticed quite a bit of requests/posts related to checklists for the Mavic. I am an active duty helo pilot in the Army, and believe it or not, many of us are really into drones although we are in the air ourselves almost daily.

Anyway, here is a compilation checklist I made in the same format of the checklists we use to start up our helos. It's a PDF, and I have a word document. I consider this open source, so modify as you would like. My email address is on page two also if anyone wants to contact me directly with suggestions.

Cheers

Updated 22 July 2017 16:31 - changed steps to reflect "transmitter - turn on" prior to "Mavic Pro - turn on"

Updated 23 July 2017 12:44 - word doc added as zip file (would not accept .doc or .docx)

This is very helpful, Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: dieselwind
Very nice @dieselwind . . love the "hover check" . . most REAL pilots forget to do that . . . cause they're "seized wing" drivers and not able to do it in the first place! . .I will update mine again with your "blinky lights" page . . . a great addition. Thanks.

Here it is . . it's now the bottom of my EMERGENCY ACTIONS CHECKLIST page . . thanks for the ideas

upload_2017-8-5_16-37-46.png

Last edited:
Very nice @dieselwind . . love the "hover check" . . most REAL pilots forget to do that . . . cause they're "seized wing" drivers and not able to do it in the first place! . .I will update mine again with your "blinky lights" page . . . a great addition. Thanks.

Here it is . . it's now the bottom of my EMERGENCY ACTIONS CHECKLIST page . . thanks for the ideas

View attachment 19059

Could you also post your list, it looks interesting.

Thanks

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Hi all,

Cheers

Thanks!

Appreciate your military service and knowledge.This list is very nicely done and well thought out. Is there a chance a check list geared toward the Mavic Air will be available?

On my list i also have 'verify not in Sports mode' before take-off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929