DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini’s in the mail

C Rex

Reactions
Hello from Houston. I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Mavic Mini while I’m under self imposed isolation here at home. I can’t wait to get out and take some of those awesome coronavirus videos. It should be here on Wednesday. ?

you’ll have fun with that. I would take this time and watch a lot of videos and familiar rise yourself with it before you get it. That way you will be ready to go. Before I purchase any drone I do a lot of reading lotta video watching and lotta tutorials. I don’t think I’ve ever read a manual yet. Lol.

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a Mavic Mini and have enjoyed many flights. You will find helpful suggestions and support in the forums.. We look forward to your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

It boggles my mind how capable the Mini is. Drone technology is amazing!
I don't know. I was thinking on buying a mini for my 15 YO. Looking at other posts they don't seem reliable at this time. Maybe when the product matures and there are more updated that will change.
Someone on the post suggested a refurb, I think that is a great idea.

he is NOT flying my PRO. Out of the question.

I don't know. I was thinking on buying a mini for my 15 YO. Looking at other posts they don't seem reliable at this time. Maybe when the product matures and there are more updated that will change.
Someone on the post suggested a refurb, I think that is a great idea.

he is NOT flying my PRO. Out of the question.

The Mini may look like a toy, but it's not really! It can go nearly 2.5 miles and 1600 feet up (400 ft legally). It only goes about 30 mph in sport mode, but that is much faster than it seems at low altitudes and will bury itself in a tree in a heartbeat! I'm new at drones, but I have over 80 flights now and after a few minor oops caused by me, I've had no issues. Just don't fly with the wind on windy days. I fly mine on windy days all the time, but against the wind and it hauls butt coming home :)

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Looking at other posts they don't seem reliable at this time.
If you rely on the mini to exceed its limitations, that will be the start of a problem. It does have limits just like any other mechanical device.
I have not seen any reliability issue.

Welcome to the forum. You might want to be selective about watching YouTube videos as I’ve seen people do some things on them that will help you lose your mini. ?

Welcome! As others have said watch as many You Tube videos as possible. Check you have a phone which is compatiable with it (64gb) - check DJI website for compatiable phones and also ensure you have an SD card already or if not order one, again, all compatiable SD Cards are on the DJI website. TIP; You'll need a fast one, 8gb will not work. Good luck and have fun from a fellow Mini pilot.

Hello, Houston.
I'm in Rhode Island, doing the responsible thing and staying home. I also ordered my mini 10 minutes ago. "Cabin Fever" is probably very good for mini sales! The waiting is the worst...
Also new to the forum. I really appreciate all the valuable info and opinions - fantastic resource!!
Be well All.

Hey everybody. Thanks for all the replies. The Mini actually got here two days ahead of schedule, but of course the first day it was here was also the day it started raining. So, I charged everything up, checked for firmware updates, watched more YouTube videos, and made sure everything is ready for tomorrow morning. Tomorrow’s forecast is excellent and I found a very good spot to run some flights. It’s going to be a lot of fun!

I flew it this morning and I have to say that I think the Mini is amazing. Everything worked perfectly and it took some very beautiful shots of the forest from 150 feet up. I really like the little chopper.

Note of interest: a constable showed up in the parking lot beside me while I was flying. Not that I minded it, I was on my best behavior even before he got there. I followed all the rules and got LAANC approval and everything. No other people were within 400 yards of me.The constable never spoke to me and I thought he was just taking a break until I left and he tailed me all the way out of the park. And it is a very big park. I think they must have sent him out to make sure that nobody was doing anything stupid with a drone, but I didn’t feel like doing anything stupid anyway. This thing is fun enough without using it to get myself into trouble.

Now I’ll just let everything recharge and hopefully go for another run this afternoon.What an awesome hobby!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78