DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 won't mount on desktop (New Macbook Air Running Big Sur)

Nakita Mosquita

Reactions
Loving my Mini 2 (less than a week). I'm used to seeing my earlier Mavic Air drone mount (SD card visible) on the desktop of my older iMac and Macbook. Instead of chewing up the mini 2's battery using Quick transfer (which is cool), I like to cable the drone directly without removing the sd card and not thereby using a card reader.

So....the mini 2 will mount on my older iMac (OS Catalina) but not on my new Macbook running Big Sur.

Any tips out there? I did not format the sd card....just popped it in the drone. I say this in case there is a formatting issue preventing the sd card from mounting on the desktop. The Macbook requires the usb/usb c adapter cable. Don't think that should matter.

Your help is appreciated.

Instead of chewing up the mini 2's battery using Quick trans
I can not answer your question but since you mention battery usage and the drone most likely needs to be on for any data transfer to be possible, may i ask, what is the objection to using a card reader?

The transfer should occur without having to buy and carry around, a card reader. Eliminates the need to remove and insert the sd card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998