DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Altitude Restriction

Here's the official response from DJI to my query.
Sometimes you have to push a little bit harder

Contact a few of the DJI flyers in India and ask them where they procured their drone, which country and even a part number, to find out if it’s the US version, Asia, or EU version, etc.

Ask DJI support to supply you with a link to the supposed regulation that does not allow you to fly a drone or bring one with you into the country. Or it might also be worth asking, that if you plan to do some R&D flights with it, then how do they unlock it. (You might have to go through the official India process of requesting you want to do R&D testing with your mini three pro)

Secondly, if you meet resistance above the next step would be to find the DJI legal counsel mailing address, so that you can initiate a return for not pre-notifying you that it would not work or fly as intended in India in the terms and conditions, on the box, etc. I’ll bet the website, specs, and literature also doesn’t state this either. If you wanna to really scared them, mention finding others with the same issue and ‘potential class action’.

Also, sending the legal counsel a copy of the regulation that states you can go to 120 m, and A pleasantly worded note that they need to unlock it post hsste.

Try to be nice and cordial, pleasant, patient, and even a little incessant, and then eventually get a little more evil if you have to.

@power64 there is one part of your reply in post #21 above that is not actually true
you mention different versions of the drone by stating different countries where they are going to be flown
the only DJI drone that was sold for use in different countries ,was the original MM that had different controllers one for use in the US, and another for the rest of the world
and this was purely to do with the radio transmission output signal power, between the RC and the drone ,now in order for a drone to meet those standards in different countries ,the drone recognises where it is in the world using its GPS coordinates ,and then sets the correct output power of the RC to meet that countries standards,the actual drones themselves are all identical ,as are the RCs

Ummm Old Man Mavic, I think you will find the actual Mini SE and the Mavic Mini drones differ depending on whether they are CE or FCC spec, the differences are not limited to the controllers.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you Vindibona1. I like "canard" as a replacement for "conard".
Let's fly all together like the ducks! Here is my morning inspiration. Cheers!
I agree with him too, but there is an outstanding question:

Is it Vindi Bona, or Vin Dibona? And if the latter, does Vinny Dibona work too?​

I don't think I'll be able to fly again without knowing 🤣

Last edited:
Ummm Old Man Mavic, I think you will fine the actual Mini SE and the Mavic Mini drones differ depending on whether they are CE or FCC spec, the differences are not limited to the controllers.
Not sure what you're referring to.

My understanding, which certainly may be wrong, is that all the hardware is the same (with a few exceptions for drones that used wifi for transmission), and all the monkey-business with altitude restrictions, prohibited flight zones, transmitter power, are handled through the FlySafe DB.

A US DJI drone will obey all flight restrictions in local jurisdictions globally. Controllers configure power output dynamically based on location.

It would be foolish to design and manufacture different, customized drones for each, or even a few jurisdictions around the globe. And I'd estimate they'd be frightfully expensive in the smaller markets, lacking economies of scale.

Sometimes you have to push a little bit harder

Contact a few of the DJI flyers in India and ask them where they procured their drone, which country and even a part number, to find out if it’s the US version, Asia, or EU version, etc.

Ask DJI support to supply you with a link to the supposed regulation that does not allow you to fly a drone or bring one with you into the country. Or it might also be worth asking, that if you plan to do some R&D flights with it, then how do they unlock it. (You might have to go through the official India process of requesting you want to do R&D testing with your mini three pro)

Secondly, if you meet resistance above the next step would be to find the DJI legal counsel mailing address, so that you can initiate a return for not pre-notifying you that it would not work or fly as intended in India in the terms and conditions, on the box, etc. I’ll bet the website, specs, and literature also doesn’t state this either. If you wanna to really scared them, mention finding others with the same issue and ‘potential class action’.

Also, sending the legal counsel a copy of the regulation that states you can go to 120 m, and A pleasantly worded note that they need to unlock it post hsste.

Try to be nice and cordial, pleasant, patient, and even a little incessant, and then eventually get a little more evil if you have to.
Are you independently wealthy with nothing to do all day bored out of your skull? That's what seems apparent to me reading the above.

I've got far more important things demanding my time and attention, like watching paint dry, and water boil 🤣

In particular, harassing DJI legal because they didn't warn that drones can't be imported into India. You really are serious, aren't you?

Hmmmm... I'm starting to get angry now. DJI failed to warn me too! Every DJI drone I've purchased over the last 8 years in the US. And there have been quite a few. No warning I better not take it to India, American scofflaw!

The bastages. I smell a huge class-action suit.

Keep the comments civil

Not sure what you're referring to.
In post #22 Old Man Mavic wrote ".....you mention different versions of the drone by stating different countries where they are going to be flown. The only DJI drone that was sold for use in different countries, was the original MM that had different controllers one for use in the US, and another for the rest of the world."

That isn't quite correct, aside from two models of controller there are two models of Mavic Mini.
One is FCC compliant, " Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz"
the other is CE compliant "Model MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz".

The same thing happens with the Mini SE
"Model... MT2SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz" vs
"Model MT2SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz"

from p41 of their respective manuals.

I agree with him too, but there is an outstanding question:

Is it Vindi Bona, or Vin Dibona? And if the latter, does Vinny Dibona work too?​

I don't think I'll be able to fly again without knowing 🤣
Dear mighty pilot (born in the year 2000?),

You can correspond with Vindi Bona at Log into Facebook
You can also have a nice drink of wine with Vini Di Bona
And you can also meet a pioneer in comedic reality television named Vin Dibona at About - Meet the Founder - Vin Di Bona

Now, both of us can fly again...Cheers, Galopin (with only one L and no g, born in 1940)

@Yorkshire_Pud ,well i have not had any experience with the Mini se version ,but considering it was a way for DJI to get rid of all the original MMs ,at a greatly reduced price ,after the Mini 2 became so popular ,then yes it probably does share the same RC and different specs as per the original MM ,remember when it was first released it was a US only product ,and was not sold anywhere else at first ,the point i was trying to make, was that the new generation of drones and RCs are all the same ,and select their signal requirements between the RC and drone ,by the countries radio frequency and signal power ,to comply with that country ,where they are being flown
they are not model specific to any particular country

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The easiest way I classified the Mini SE was that it was a Mini 2 external body (had the same motor and prop and wind resistance as the mini 2), but most of the internal components are the same as the original mini (ie 2.6k video max etc). Basically the biggest difference between the mini and mini se was you could actually fly in winds higher than 15mph with the mini se.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter