DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mirror your Maverio's

SkySquinter

Reactions
Hi fellow pilots, I posted a thread recently on casting the Moverio screen,since then I have established the quickest and easiest way to do this so I thought I'd share it on the forum. This is for Moverio BT-300 to Ipad/Iphone. You will need to install EZcast from the apkpure site for the BT-300's and the app store for the Ipad. First create a Hot Spot on mobile phone or Ipad if on a network.

EZcast Instructions

With Hot Spot enabled open EZcast on Ipad and Moverio's, click GREEN "Z" icon on Ipad, on Moverio's click UP ARROW (top right) ^

On the new screen select the menu item for the Ipad (shown in bottom of mirror window on Ipad). On Movario's click the BLUE SQUARE (top right) then click the pop up window to allow audio.

Works great and its free !

Reactions: mtnstream
I've had a bit of luck a slightly different way. I posted this thread a short while ago. You might find it helpful as well.

Thanks gimphoto, looks like a good alternative for Android to Android users. The only small point is no live map but I suppose pre loading at home first is the answer. The Opp bmelody helped me out when I first got my BT-300’s, good to have people like him on the forum.

Hi fellow pilots, I posted a thread recently on casting the Moverio screen,since then I have established the quickest and easiest way to do this so I thought I'd share it on the forum. This is for Moverio BT-300 to Ipad/Iphone. You will need to install EZcast from the apkpure site for the BT-300's and the app store for the Ipad. First create a Hot Spot on mobile phone or Ipad if on a network.

EZcast Instructions

With Hot Spot enabled open EZcast on Ipad and Moverio's, click GREEN "Z" icon on Ipad, on Moverio's click UP ARROW (top right) ^

On the new screen select the menu item for the Ipad (shown in bottom of mirror window on Ipad). On Movario's click the BLUE SQUARE (top right) then click the pop up window to allow audio.

Can it work the other way? Casting the ios screen to the Moverio bt-300?

Thanks gimphoto, looks like a good alternative for Android to Android users. The only small point is no live map but I suppose pre loading at home first is the answer. The Opp bmelody helped me out when I first got my BT-300’s, good to have people like him on the forum.
I'm a little confused by your point here...the Moverio's version of Android has built in casting capabilities compatible with Miracast. Any Miracast receiver will play everything that the Moverio screen displays. You don't need to install anything on the Moverios to do this...and if your receiving device already supports Miracast, you don't need to install anything there either. My receiving device was my cell phone, which wasn't preconfigured to receive Miracast, so I had to install an app that does that.

The maps are loaded on the Moverio...that's it. You see them on the receiving device because they display on the Moverio.

If you want to receive Miracast on your Moverios, you will have to install an app there. I'll look into which one works and is available through APKPure.

- Gary

I should add that Miracast is no longer supported natively by Android in its latest version...but the Moverios, running 5, still have it. IOS and OX never supported it (to my knowledge), but there are ways to make it work - you need to google them.

I'm a little confused by your point here...the Moverio's version of Android has built in casting capabilities compatible with Miracast. Any Miracast receiver will play everything that the Moverio screen displays. You don't need to install anything on the Moverios to do this...and if your receiving device already supports Miracast, you don't need to install anything there either. My receiving device was my cell phone, which wasn't preconfigured to receive Miracast, so I had to install an app that does that.

The maps are loaded on the Moverio...that's it. You see them on the receiving device because they display on the Moverio.

If you want to receive Miracast on your Moverios, you will have to install an app there. I'll look into which one works and is available through APKPure.

- Gary
Hi Gary, The reason I said Android to Android was I thought Android tablets supported Miracast, Obviously Apple products don't. I did say i my original post that "This is for Moverio BT-300 to Ipad/Iphone" as this is the only configuration I have tried. so you still have to install an App (Sink Player) or similar with your Android tablet/phone to use it ? and install another on the Moverio's to receive a Mirocast. So why not just use EZcast. You state "The maps are loaded on the Moverio's". Yes they will be if you have enabled a "Hot Spot" enabled. I still think EZcast is as its name suggests, easier. To each his own as the saying goes. :)

Ron.

Great, going to try it out. I've been looking for a way to use ios esp Litchi while being able to use the BTs but not have to use that very awkward touch pad without a huge lag.

Just connected my IPhone 7+ to the Mavic controller ran EZCast on phone and Moverio’s launched Go4 and it worked fine obviously you have to look down at the phone/IPad to see where your finger is. I suppose most of the time you’ll just be flying with the controller.

Ron.

Hi Gary, The reason I said Android to Android was I thought Android tablets supported Miracast, Obviously Apple products don't. I did say i my original post that "This is for Moverio BT-300 to Ipad/Iphone" as this is the only configuration I have tried. so you still have to install an App (Sink Player) or similar with your Android tablet/phone to use it ? and install another on the Moverio's to receive a Mirocast. So why not just use EZcast. You state "The maps are loaded on the Moverio's". Yes they will be if you have enabled a "Hot Spot" enabled. I still think EZcast is as its name suggests, easier. To each his own as the saying goes. :)

Ron.
Android 6 stopped their support of Miracast, as I understand it...you need to add an app to use it, that's only on the receiving end.
Since the Moverio is still on Android 5, it supports casting with Miracast without the need to install an app. You go to Settings->Display->Cast and turn on casting...that's it. Then any Miracast-enabled receiver will see your moverio screen. For TVs and such, that are already MIracast, there is nothing to load on the receiver either...it works without installation on either end. That's truly the easiest of all.

Reactions: FL AV8R
Android 6 stopped their support of Miracast, as I understand it...you need to add an app to use it, that's only on the receiving end.
Since the Moverio is still on Android 5, it supports casting with Miracast without the need to install an app. You go to Settings->Display->Cast and turn on casting...that's it. Then any Miracast-enabled receiver will see your moverio screen. For TVs and such, that are already MIracast, there is nothing to load on the receiver either...it works without installation on either end. That's truly the easiest of all.

I did try your method when I first started experiment with casting. But kept getting the message “No device nearby”. I gave up looking for a receiver app after a couple attempts that didn’t work. The good news is both of us are casting [emoji1360]

I tried the setup as above suggestion with Apower Mirror installed on BT300, iPhone X and iPad Pro. And I tried to mirror the BT300 screen to both iDevices in out door. it work somehow! But if you tried to record it by using iOS new screen recording or even just keep the mirror screen running for a while, the connection will eventually disconnected. The screen recording is not even possible as the recording will terminate itself once the mirror connection break. I used the iPhone or iPad as personal hotspot and share WIFI, both devices act the same and connection drop out before my drone take off.
Then I tried the same setup at home, instead I use home router as WIFI connection instead of iDevice hotspot. And this time the Apower Mirror works no more drop out and disconnected. So the problem should be iDevice hotspot sharing. Then how to I share WIFI without hotspot function? Do I have to use an additional pocket WIFI router to do the job?

Reactions: FL AV8R

EZcast Instructions

Sorry to revive an old thread, and sorry for my ignorance here; but, does using the method that you mentioned (i.e., setting up a hot spot) use a ton of cell phone data? I've tried in vain to be able to mirror my BT image to an android-based phone, and am willing to try a method like you've come up with. Here's my previous experience, in case anyone is interested ...

I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact android-based phone, which comes pre-loaded with Miracast compatibility. It is very easy to mirror the image from my phone to the BTs. I do as follows:

1) On the BTs go to Settings > Display > Receive Screen
2) On the phone go to Device Connection > Connection Preferences > Screen Mirroring > Start

That's it. It works well.

But, what I really care about is mirroring my BT image to a cell phone so that someone else can see what I see when I'm flying. That is where the problems come in ...

My first attempt was to use my phone's aforementioned, native Miracast compatibility. This proved unsuccessful, however, as my explorations led me to conclude that the phone can cast its image, but is not capable of receiving an image (it's designed to cast an image on a TV, for example). When you to go to Device Connection > Connection Preferences > Screen Mirroring > THERE IS NO OPTION TO RECEIVE HERE. From what I read online, some older versions of android phones DO have a receive option, however.

My second attempt was to use the Google Playstore to install WiFi-Display Sink Player, which was previously recommended in this thread, by gjmphoto. This player would not work with my current version of Android (v9). Each time I opened it, a WFDError (or something like that) would come up. I could not get around this error, and noticed that others in the reviews for the app had mentioned the same error. A few reviewers, on the other hand, had success, and I noticed that some of them used older Samsung phones and left reviews circa 2016. This led to my next attempt.

In my next attempt, I installed the aforementioned app on my old Samsung Galaxy s3 phone. I no longer received the WFDError, and I was able to successfully mirror my BT screen onto the phone! These were the steps I followed:

1) On the BTs go to Settings > Display > Cast Screen > click on three dots in upper right corner to Enable Wireless
2) On the phone simply open WiFi-Display Sink Player app > select OK when prompted to connect to BTs

The problem with the above was that the image loaded slowly, was often pixelated, and the application shutdown multiple times when the Mavic would change positions. The app and old phone simply could not keep up with the demand. After trying several more times, I realized that it just wasn't going to happen :(

I then proceeded to install and test about 4 other apps onto my newer Android 9-based Sony phone, but none of those programs allowed for projection of the BT image onto the phone, only the other way around, it seems. It appears that the Miracast, and other, screen casters are designed to project from cell phone to television only. I found and Epson video on how to project from phone to BT using AirDroid and AirMirror. Since this was the reverse of how I wanted to project, I tried the reverse procedure (i.e., installing AirMirror on my BTs and AirDroid on my phone). This process soon became tedious and confusing, however, so I abandoned ship (AirDroid and AirMirror seem to be for a bunch of applications beyond just what I want to do, so the whole process seemed far from streamlined).

SOOO ... What other options are there to successfully, and reasonably easily, project the BT's image to an android-based phone (preferrably from someone who has already successfully done it and come across reasonably decent results)?

Thanks in advance,
AEM

Sorry to revive an old thread, and sorry for my ignorance here; but, does using the method that you mentioned (i.e., setting up a hot spot) use a ton of cell phone data? I've tried in vain to be able to mirror my BT image to an android-based phone, and am willing to try a method like you've come up with. Here's my previous experience, in case anyone is interested ...

I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact android-based phone, which comes pre-loaded with Miracast compatibility. It is very easy to mirror the image from my phone to the BTs. I do as follows:

1) On the BTs go to Settings > Display > Receive Screen
2) On the phone go to Device Connection > Connection Preferences > Screen Mirroring > Start

That's it. It works well.

But, what I really care about is mirroring my BT image to a cell phone so that someone else can see what I see when I'm flying. That is where the problems come in ...

My first attempt was to use my phone's aforementioned, native Miracast compatibility. This proved unsuccessful, however, as my explorations led me to conclude that the phone can cast its image, but is not capable of receiving an image (it's designed to cast an image on a TV, for example). When you to go to Device Connection > Connection Preferences > Screen Mirroring > THERE IS NO OPTION TO RECEIVE HERE. From what I read online, some older versions of android phones DO have a receive option, however.

My second attempt was to use the Google Playstore to install WiFi-Display Sink Player, which was previously recommended in this thread, by gjmphoto. This player would not work with my current version of Android (v9). Each time I opened it, a WFDError (or something like that) would come up. I could not get around this error, and noticed that others in the reviews for the app had mentioned the same error. A few reviewers, on the other hand, had success, and I noticed that some of them used older Samsung phones and left reviews circa 2016. This led to my next attempt.

In my next attempt, I installed the aforementioned app on my old Samsung Galaxy s3 phone. I no longer received the WFDError, and I was able to successfully mirror my BT screen onto the phone! These were the steps I followed:

1) On the BTs go to Settings > Display > Cast Screen > click on three dots in upper right corner to Enable Wireless
2) On the phone simply open WiFi-Display Sink Player app > select OK when prompted to connect to BTs

The problem with the above was that the image loaded slowly, was often pixelated, and the application shutdown multiple times when the Mavic would change positions. The app and old phone simply could not keep up with the demand. After trying several more times, I realized that it just wasn't going to happen :(

I then proceeded to install and test about 4 other apps onto my newer Android 9-based Sony phone, but none of those programs allowed for projection of the BT image onto the phone, only the other way around, it seems. It appears that the Miracast, and other, screen casters are designed to project from cell phone to television only. I found and Epson video on how to project from phone to BT using AirDroid and AirMirror. Since this was the reverse of how I wanted to project, I tried the reverse procedure (i.e., installing AirMirror on my BTs and AirDroid on my phone). This process soon became tedious and confusing, however, so I abandoned ship (AirDroid and AirMirror seem to be for a bunch of applications beyond just what I want to do, so the whole process seemed far from streamlined).

SOOO ... What other options are there to successfully, and reasonably easily, project the BT's image to an android-based phone (preferrably from someone who has already successfully done it and come across reasonably decent results)?

Thanks in advance,
AEM

It's probably a better experience if the guest wears the glasses while you fly using an android device. I've used AirScreen to mirror an ipad mini 4 to the bt-300, the bt-300 are a passive view.
This should also work for an android tablet/phone mirroring to the BT-300

You need a wireless network to connect the two devices
Then just run AirScreen on the BT-300's after side loading it

On the ipad , choose screen mirror, and you should be able to select the Bt-300 off the list.

The latency of this setup is dependent on how good the wireless network is, I use a Netgear Nighthawk router set to 5.8ghz for the highest bandwidth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike