DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Planner Surveys to Litchi

I know this thread is a little stale, but just wanted to say thank you to Augustine and Yaros. I just did my first flight today and am processing the photos in WebODM as I type. Pretty straight forward on how to do but do need to set either seconds or feet for when a picture will be taken and it really helps to point the gimbal down 90 degrees before you take off and snap a bunch of pictures of the horizon. :)

I am using a DJI Mini 2 and a good trick to get your camera settings is to take a picture and load it into Mission Planner and it will pull the camera data from the exif data in the picture.

These were my settings that worked for the Mini 2
Focal Length 4.5
Image Width 4000
Image Height 3000
Sensor Width 6.16
Sensor Height 4.62
cm/pixel 0.84cm
Field of View Horizontal[m] 33.5
Filed of View Vertical[m] 25.1

Processing finished, image attachedMissionPlanner1st.jpg

There is a old barn down the highway from me. Always wanted to do a photogrammetry 3d scanning of it. Made a mission and ran it through virtual Litchi and seems to be lined up pretty good. Hopefully will get some warmer weather to try this out.

View attachment 143903

View attachment 143904
Ok, how do you make a mission that is a circle and have the drone pointing at the target?

Ok, how do you make a mission that is a circle and have the drone pointing at the target?
I use the Orbit mode in Litchi and use the Timed Shot mode in Camera Settings to make the drone take a photo every 2 seconds, it works just fine, set the speed to something like 10km/h.

Right click on the map and it will give a bunch of options Add a POI View attachment 152183
Alright, I got Orbit to work pretty easy as Yaros pointed out. I would like to do this in Mission Planner but have been unsuccessful so far.

Mission Planner:
I right clicked on my target added a POI and gave it a name
Right clicked on my target again and under 'Auto WP' and created 'Create Wp Circle', 'Create Spline Circle' and 'Create Circle Survey'

Tried the following with all of the Circles in Auto WP. Tried adding a POI before and after creating the circle

Creates the circle around the target
Save File to Desktop convert with Yaros' tool
Import into Mission Hub
No drones pointing to POI set in Mission Planner

Create POI in Mission Hub and only last drone points to POI

When doing a Survey Grid using the polygon a new window called 'Survey (Grid)' opens, there is no such window when trying to do a circle, should there be?

Sorry if I am being dense about this and it is obvious how this works, I am just not getting it. Not sure if my having a mini pro matters, though I wouldn't think it would.

To tell you the truth I cannot remember all the steps I took. I kind of lost interest in testing it out. LOL
When I was playing around with it during the winter months that was pretty much it, just playing around to see what I could come up with. Yaros has more knowledge then I about the program so I will let him step in. If I come up with a idea I will pass it on.

To tell you the truth I cannot remember all the steps I took. I kind of lost interest in testing it out. LOL
When I was playing around with it during the winter months that was pretty much it, just playing around to see what I could come up with. Yaros has more knowledge then I about the program so I will let him step in. If I come up with a idea I will pass it on.
Thanks, I'll keep messing with it and see if I can't figure it out, it has to be something simple. If it was wicked hard, I would have figured it out quickly, but because I can't figure it out, it must be simple. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks, I'll keep messing with it and see if I can't figure it out, it has to be something simple. If it was wicked hard, I would have figured it out quickly, but because I can't figure it out, it must be simple. :)
You need to right click in the center of the point of interest in Litchi after importing from Mission planner, and then go through the circle waypoints and set the POI number to the one that you created.

You need to right click in the center of the point of interest in Litchi after importing from Mission planner, and then go through the circle waypoints and set the POI number to the one that you created.
Found it!

There are 2 ways to do it:

IN MISSION HUB:

Mission Planner:
Set up a circle survey, no need to add POI.
Save File and use Yaros' tool to convert
Import mission into Mission Hub

Mission Hub:
Add a POI
In 'Settings' change 'Heading Mode' to 'Custom' (WD) (all drone icons now point to POI)
In 'Settings', don't worry about 'Default Gimbal Pitch Mode', unfortunately does not 'Focus POI'
Save imported mission with a descriptive name

Lichti App:
Load the mission
Make sure you point the gimbal at your POI, wish this could be done automagically.
Fly the mission

---------------

IN LICHTI APP:

Mission Planner:
Set up a circle survey, no need to add POI.
Save File and use Yaros' tool to convert
Import mission into Mission Hub

Mission Hub:
Save imported mission with a descriptive name

Lichti App:
Load mission from Mission Hub
Add a POI
In Mission Settings, change 'Heading' from 'Auto' to 'Custom'
All of the drone icons now point to POI.

-----------------

Yaros,

In the .cvs there are quite a few actions that can be set, is there any way to pull more info from the Mission Planner to populate those fields?

In the .cvs there are quite a few actions that can be set, is there any way to pull more info from the Mission Planner to populate those fields?
The code needs to be modified for this to work. I might add it in the future.

• Sad
Reactions: brunoaduarte
Does this work with Mavic 3 ?

I use Mission planner often with my home built drone. It would be great to use this with the 3 !
Not yet, Litchi isn't compatible with Mavic 3 because DJI haven't released the SDK yet. As far as I know, it is going to be released in August - September, but will be only for Android.

Reactions: dudz
Not yet, Litchi isn't compatible with Mavic 3 because DJI haven't released the SDK yet. As far as I know, it is going to be released in August - September, but will be only for Android.
It would be fantastic if it worked with the Arupilot MissionPlanner software. Been using that for years. Brilliant bit of software

Reactions: brunoaduarte
I realize this is an older thread, but when I run the MissionPlanner.to.Litchi convertor, it opens a Command box.
I have to type in (or copy) the file name to be converted. Am I doing something wrong? or is this normal?

I have to type in (or copy) the file name to be converted. Am I doing something wrong? or is this normal?
Yes, you have to type the path of the .waypoints file. If you the exe/py you're running is in the same folder then only the name is enough.

Thanks. The documentation made me think that a different screen should show. It works
There was a User Interface being done, but it got delayed.

This thread is not old, if you just found it! Great Stuff!!
Is this a "bump" your not supposed to due? :)

Rod..

Okay, then it might be because of something related to the version of Windows you're running (from the screenshots I assume it's Windows 8), this script was designed to be used with Windows 10 and above.

I changed and recompiled the script, so it saves the converted file to the same location where the original .waypoints file is located.
Check it out and tell me if you have any success with it!
Also, I recommend to disable Avast while running this script, as it is not digitally signed and avast may think it is malware and send it to scanning, disabling read/write rights meanwhile.

Hey there! Trying to get this application to work, but when I try to convert my Mission Planner .waypoints file, the converter immediately crashes. Not quite sure what I should do. I've placed both the .exe and .waypoints in the same place(on the desktop right next to each other), nothing, just closes up shop. Even running as administrator on an administrator profile gets the crash. Any input is greatly appreciated, as there's no other information available on this application. Thanks in advance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki