DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM Mods

1_SkyDrone

Reactions
  1. I purchased after market landing skids for the mini in the interest of saving the underbelly from rough landings and/or be able to land and take off from uneven terrain. I am happy to report they are strong, light, and did not seem to perfect performance in the least. It snowed yesterday and I was able to hover and skid off some snow banks a bit - fun! This also lets me display the aircraft on my desk well. The skids are an easy pop on/off type and they are secure.
  2. I also purchased the black motor covers that many pilots have tried and I am also pleased with those as I was noticing in one of my videos I could see dirt and sand kicking up at launch and landing.

I purchased these items on Amazon if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    826 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    887.2 KB · Views: 175
I'm glad that they work for you. For me, also being in Canada, one of the main reasons I purchased the mini was because it was under the 250 gram Canadian regulation requiring registration etc. which the added skids and motor covers would put it over. Not saying it's for everyone but in my case I find it easy to hand launch/land keeping it out of the snow and dirt.

Yes, some folks are fine with hand launch and recovery but I just like the takeoff and landing, something I did when flying R/C aircraft and helicopters, rockets with glider recovery etc.
I have registered my mini and studying for my pilot certification since I fully expect to move up with drone size when I’m ready.

I followed the advice of several other pilots who have had no issues. There is a really good YouTube video where the gentleman hovers for 20 minutes with and without the covers and uses a heat gun to measure the heat output during both runs. The conclusion is there was no discernible difference.
I do believe that when you modify a stock mini you are stepping outside the DJI warranty so be advised.

Reactions: Miro Kolev
  1. I purchased after market landing skids for the mini in the interest of saving the underbelly from rough landings and/or be able to land and take off from uneven terrain. I am happy to report they are strong, light, and did not seem to perfect performance in the least. It snowed yesterday and I was able to hover and skid off some snow banks a bit - fun! This also lets me display the aircraft on my desk well. The skids are an easy pop on/off type and they are secure.
  2. I also purchased the black motor covers that many pilots have tried and I am also pleased with those as I was noticing in one of my videos I could see dirt and sand kicking up at launch and landing.

Why is one motor cover orange?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown