DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Moonshine Canyon, a Surreal Adventure in my New Favorite Slot Canyon!

Karlewski

Reactions
No Nail Biting Danger here but, WOW, was this canyon cool, diamond in the rough for sure and super fun obstacle climbing deep in there. Way out in the boonies too. . . This was my first attempt at mountain biking using drone tracking too. Worked quite well, the worst of it was holding the controller while riding. . . I just could not trust putting the controls away and risking the sticks getting bonked. . .

No Nail Biting Danger here but, WOW, was this canyon cool, diamond in the rough for sure and super fun obstacle climbing deep in there. Way out in the boonies too. . . This was my first attempt at mountain biking using drone tracking too. Worked quite well, the worst of it was holding the controller while riding. . . I just could not trust putting the controls away and risking the sticks getting bonked. . .
Hi Karl, another fantastic adventure video! This region is really outstanding and I am happy to learn/see more and more of it! I always appreciate your good comments, sometime funny, sometime serious, just perfect for me ?
Thanks for sharing this amazing video ??? I enyoyed it very much...As always!
cheers Paul

Another totally awesome journey! Astounding scenery, filming, hiking, scrambling, droning, everything! We are greatly thankful for these vicarious adventures to places we will never see on our own. The extra effort at filming yourself, and then doubling back for the camera and repeating the hike are truly a devotion to story telling.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Squidinc
Another totally awesome journey! Astounding scenery, filming, hiking, scrambling, droning, everything! We are greatly thankful for these vicarious adventures to places we will never see on our own. The extra effort at filming yourself, and then doubling back for the camera and repeating the hike are truly a devotion to story telling.

Dale
Miami
I asked Karl the very same thing on YouTube about doubling back! He’s amazing!

Great! Thanks for sharing!

Going back and grabbing the camera isn’t too much trouble for this kind of trip. I actually enjoy refining my climbing movement when repeating these little scrambles. I am all about efficient movement and making everything feel easy and as smooth as possible. The super difficult rock climbing demands this as well as being able to not only recognize how to use hand and foot holds best but maintaining sequential movement so the hand best suited/fitted for a hold ends up being free to grab that hold When the time comes. Foot work is similar but it is often which foot not to stand on so you can use that whole leg and side of you body as a counter balance. If I need to reach real far to the right, I usually want my left leg sticking straight out to the left, in the air, so reaching right doesn’t put me too far out of balance, called, flagging. Since I’m only holding onto some tiny little handhold in the first place it can be critical.
I just shot a video with some serious climbing and going back for the camera was pretty tough, lol, you’ll see soon! Came out pretty cool, especially with drone footage making it very clear exactly where I was. . . On a space walk! I think the best way to reveal scale is 3rd person shots, even better if you can do it with the drone.

Good video, some nice editing.

Watching this I couldn't help but tthink of a story I read some years ago about another adventurer, Aron Ralston. Be careful out there. (needless advice I'm sure)
128 hours, it was a great movie too! I think that was in Utah desert too!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PMKMD