DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Mountaineering Pacific and Atlantic Peaks, with a light snow covering on all the north faces!

Karlewski

Reactions
A big climb from last month before the snow really set in on our ColoradoRockies! This a a very familiar and dear area to me, Awesome mountains and also a cool mining history with standing ruins!

A big climb from last month before the snow really set in on our ColoradoRockies! This a a very familiar and dear area to me, Awesome mountains and also a cool mining history with standing ruins!
Another breathtaking video - thanks! I am out of breathe just watching it!

You have done it again Karl and I am very happy about that, because I love to watch your exciting and very interesting videos! As usual, very beautiful shots and perfectly edited. I also liked the music very much. It fits perfectly with the pictures! I am always amazed at how you seem to hop over the rugged rocks without much effort and light-footed! Thanks for showing your new adventure, I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Stay healthy and take care of yourself!
Cheers Paul

Great video Karl...as usual. Can I ask how do you do the little read arrow? I am having a heck of a time using a map tracker for travelogues.

Great video Karl...as usual. Can I ask how do you do the little red arrow? I am having a heck of a time using a map tracker for travelogues.
I rewatched it- I am totally out of breath.

Dale
Flatland Miami

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Another amazing production....but more amazed at your sure footedness.
On the descent you speak of easing the pain.....which made me wonder is the descent more demanding (of concentration, effort, safety etc) than the ascent or is it just that you are spent by then. Sorry if I have asked this before in previous posts (if so, I have forgotten not only doing so but also the answer :) )
Appreciate you sharing what me and other respondents can only dream of doing now (just nearly rolled my ankle getting off the couch LOL).
Stay Safe and looking forward to more when the season permits ....cheers from Down under

Always my pleasure. . . Love doing these and learning more editing afterwards. Descents are definitely tougher on joints, knees especially, and more dangerous always having downward inertia. Always take the hard way up! Loose talus, especially steep loose, is never fun and unpredictable unless it is super fine and can be "skied" down. I slip all the time just staying focused to deal with that inevitability.
Dale, I key frame everything using Da Vici resolve, The arrow is a font. . . Set the arrow at a point in the frame where you want it at the start and end of the "title" clip it is contained in, then if it goes way off in the middle of the clip set more points, ideally at the farthest points from the target, a pain but I'm good at it now. I have had a hard time with the tracker functions myself. I WILL LEARN THAT next, been telling myself that for too long now. . . . Another cool move like that is using a "power window," where you make a circle or square freehand shape. . . window and then color grade inside the window that's lots brighter say, and use that to highlight, brighten a subject, on Devinci that tracker is easier to use. . . . I do have MANY climbers say they love the arrows and it does so much to clarify the story, especially with drone footage. If you want to chat privately about reframing photos, advanced Ken Burns effects or frame rates I'd be happy to help, your footage of Africa and beyond is awesome, I could help you show it off better if you'd like? I totally appreciate how painful learning new editor tools is. . . PITA
Paul, thank you so much, I know how refined and polished your work is and to follow has been my goal. The points you touched on are cornerstones of my process. Especially, not only fitting the music with the mood/scene, but then fitting the editing of those clips to fit the music exactly, down to the beat, sometimes even using the different sounds to dictate whether to zoom or speed ramp. . . I'll pan in the editor opposite a camera pan to slow that down as well. Lots of moves to improve the footage. Often keyframing "rotation" to help maintain a level horizon on a clip where I'm stumbling up loose rocks, much use of the stabilizer functions to go with it. . . . At this point I can make "fair footage" look good and great footage . . . wow! Lots of polishing though. . .

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Paul, thank you so much, I know how refined and polished your work is and to follow has been my goal. The points you touched on are cornerstones of my process. Especially, not only fitting the music with the mood/scene, but then fitting the editing of those clips to fit the music exactly, down to the beat, sometimes even using the different sounds to dictate whether to zoom or speed ramp. . . I'll pan in the editor opposite a camera pan to slow that down as well. Lots of moves to improve the footage. Often keyframing "rotation" to help maintain a level horizon on a clip where I'm stumbling up loose rocks, much use of the stabilizer functions to go with it. . . . At this point I can make "fair footage" look good and great footage . . . wow! Lots of polishing though. . .
Karl your editing skylls are very good! Everyting fits, as the speed ramps, the editing to the beat and so on 👍👍😉
In the face of difficult shooting situations, you always get the best out of your shots...Your videoes are always a big pleasure to watch! 😉👍
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh