DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverios and Mavic 2 are a go

There is head tracking baked into the "SOAR" app for the Mavic Pro. Mavic zoom to be supported shortly. Head tracking will not work with go4.

Regards

Reactions: ksmusa
So what's the final word on the BT-300s and the Mavic 2? Is it a viable combo at this point or is it better wait for another version to come out?

I like this combo. I had about 10 successful flights and one unsuccessful, but that was my mistake. I did not shut down the moverio properly, the battery went flat, and the remote was unable to charge it while flying. So it kept rebooting...

Well, I've had a few successful flights on the BT-300s and the Mavic 2 Pro, but today I ran into a bit of an issue. I took the drone out for a pretty distant flight to take a 360 degree Pano. Got it all of the way there without issue, but about halfway through the 360 Pano, the video started to lag. I immediately started to return the drone back to the takeoff point, but the lag just got progressively worse. By the time I landed, which I did completely by VLOS, the delay between the video on the screen and realtime was at least multiple full seconds. I ended up turning off caching and it seemed to immediately improve. This hadn't happened in my previous flights, so I'm not sure what really triggered it...

Well, I've had a few successful flights on the BT-300s and the Mavic 2 Pro, but today I ran into a bit of an issue. I took the drone out for a pretty distant flight to take a 360 degree Pano. Got it all of the way there without issue, but about halfway through the 360 Pano, the video started to lag. I immediately started to return the drone back to the takeoff point, but the lag just got progressively worse. By the time I landed, which I did completely by VLOS, the delay between the video on the screen and realtime was at least multiple full seconds. I ended up turning off caching and it seemed to immediately improve. This hadn't happened in my previous flights, so I'm not sure what really triggered it...
That is par for the course. Disabling caching is a must, even when flying the original MP. The Pano shot is what probably bogged the system down.

Does anyone record video for the go4 app on every flight for the Mavic2? I heard reports that this taxes the little processor too much in the moverio (same thing happened on the iPad mini4 with the mavic2 and screen recording). I was considering buying but because I record all my flights, I might need to wait until epson upgrades the processor.

I would advise against it as it does indeed tax the processor and would introduce lag while you fly.

I would definitely spring for an upgraded control module with better CPU/GPU performance that would still be compatible with the glasses. Is there even the slightest hint that something like this might be coming?

Reactions: beanbubba
I would definitely spring for an upgraded control module with better CPU/GPU performance that would still be compatible with the glasses. Is there even the slightest hint that something like this might be coming?
You would think so! The BT300 is getting long in the technology tooth. Time for a bigger processor and 1080p, I would pay handsomely for one now if available.

Reactions: Flycaster
You would think so! The BT300 is getting long in the technology tooth. Time for a bigger processor and 1080p, I would pay handsomely for one now if available.
I was just browsing the epson site and noticed the BT35E variant. I wonder if you could do HDMI out on the iPhone to this unit and get around the processor issue?

I have never had caching enabled or have tried to screen record,.
still overheated and lagged with Mavic 2 Zoom. I have gone back to my Ipad.

Had I known that Epson abandoned updating the tech/CPU, and a non-existent DJI "partnership" I would not have bought these.

I just burned through three batteries this afternoon using the Moverio and the M2P without a single issue. I do have caching disabled but I’ve done nothing else specifically.

Last edited:
I was just browsing the epson site and noticed the BT35E variant. I wonder if you could do HDMI out on the iPhone to this unit and get around the processor issue?

I think the issue that has been established is that you’d have no way then to connect the iPhone to the controller for control. I think the only way this would work is with something like the Nvidia Shield or some other Android based unit that happens to have HDMI out built in.

I think the issue that has been established is that you’d have no way then to connect the iPhone to the controller for control. I think the only way this would work is with something like the Nvidia Shield or some other Android based unit that happens to have HDMI out built in.
I have no expertise here, but I wonder if someone makes an hdmi iPhone adapter with a passive lightning adapter to allow what you mention?

Worst case scenario, this would work with an appletv screen mirror from the iPhone to the glasses hdmi input.

But that’s a lot of gear and power inverters to make that work!!

I was at Airworks Dallas today and went to the Epson booth where they had demo's you could test. It was pretty impressive. If they were to make a new version, I would greatly want to see an option to enlarge the image size in your field of vision. It was much smaller than I had envisioned as compared to the DJI goggles. I would roughly equate it to an 80" TV next to a 32" TV for reference. I guess in some AR situations you probably don't want the image too large so you can still focus on the real world. Anyway, just my honest feedback because I would like these to replace the goggles, not for AR applications. I pinned the guy down and asked if the next generation of hardware was coming soon with 1080p and upgraded android processors. He played extremely coy and said, well in the mean time all the attendees have a coupon for 50% off the current shipping models ;)

Well, for me personally, I exactly don't want them to be like the goggles, or I'd just have gotten the goggles! :) The whole point of these IMHO is the fact that you can still maintain situational awareness and VLOS with the drone yet still have the display to deal with the flight controls and camera feedback. What I'd like is that if there were any adjustments at all to the screen itself. I mean, I get that this might not be technically possible, but it'd be awesome if one could say, move the virtual screen off to the side of my vision occasionally just to have clean line of sight for what's directly in front of me. Also, I can only imagine how it is for those that might need dioptic adjustment. In any case, for me...I just want a more powerful, more capable control module.

Here’s a little dorky mini-review of the Moverios that I threw together real quick (not my best effort to say the least!)

Here’s a little dorky mini-review of the Moverios that I threw together real quick (not my best effort to say the least!)

Thank you for the review. For your "not so best effort", it was not terrible at all. Maybe we can see more in the future?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929