DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverios and Mavic 2 are a go

S.N.U.F.F. you will love them even though sometimes you have to be patient. Once you use the glasses you'll never use anything else.

Reactions: ksmusa
I tried Go4 on my Moverios with my new M2P and the video lag was horrible. I used the same cable that worked fine with my Mavic Air. Kind of strange.

Reactions: bonzo
Have you tried another cable? Make sure it can fast/quick charge an android device, I have found this a good test of cable speed. The cable that comes with the Mavic air is not capable of transferring data fast enough.

Have you tried another cable? Make sure it can fast/quick charge an android device, I have found this a good test of cable speed. The cable that comes with the Mavic air is not capable of transferring data fast enough.
I'll try one of my Anker cables soon. Without changing cables, I disabled caching and it helped some, but not enough. I'll follow up with the outcome. Right now I'm gonna be unable too test for the day..... But meanwhile I'm open to any other thoughts.

****... still waiting for my glasses and would hate the send them back. What is the version of the Go 4 app in the Moverio store? Does SoAR work better with M2?

What worries me is that Moverio is not listed among the supported devices by Go 4 app V4.3.0: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI and DJI already refused responsibility for crashes on my Zenfone 2 citing this list (((

Could DJI / Epson reps here clarify the status of your 'joint venture'?

****... still waiting for my glasses and would hate the send them back. What is the version of the Go 4 app in the Moverio store? Does SoAR work better with M2?

What worries me is that Moverio is not listed among the supported devices by Go 4 app V4.3.0: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI and DJI already refused responsibility for crashes on my Zenfone 2 citing this list (((

Could DJI / Epson reps here clarify the status of your 'joint venture'?
Hey,

The latest version on the Moverio Store is 4.3.0. Unfortunately, our Soar app is not yet compatible with the MP2, MPZ, or MA. We are working on pushing an update to support these devices very soon.

Does DJI generally take responsibility for crashes on any device even when on the list? I read mostly not, although I don't have experience with having to call upon them for support.

There are many pilots having success using the BT300s and their new Mavic 2 w/ Go4 from our market, including myself. Please feel free to PM me directly should you have any questions or visit our group. There are many tips and tricks easily searchable.

Security Check Required

I am afraid there is a definite serious lag issue with the glasses using the go app and the Mavic 2 Zoom. I thought it was a cable issue but its not. If I start the glasses cold using the M2 Zoom, there is no lag, after a while the glasses r/c does not feel as hot as it used to but the lag kicks in.
Today I flew a P4P for about an hour in high heat and humidity with the glasses using the go app. There was no issue, this is a definite improvement prior to recent updates in the go app. About 30c and 80% humidity which is hot, I don't normally sweat but I do when it gets to that temp and humidity. In Thailand.
I then flew the Mavic 2 Zoom and there was serious and quite dangerous lag. You can't fly like this, so I had to bring it home.
So until we have some improvements in the go app we have to use the Soar app.
Can someone list the steps to use the Soar App with the Mavic 2
or
a link to a video, I doubt one exists yet.

The post above yours says Soar for M2 is not ready yet. My Moverio should arrive Wednesday, will post here my experience.

@EpsonMoverio: what's the ETA for Soar compatibility with Mavic 2?

Last edited:
I just had my first flight with Moverio, in the open sun with M2P, and they did not overheat. There was a video lag for sure and I could not for the life of me adjust shutter speed with Moverio. I did not update the operating system despite prompt, I just installed DJI 4 Go and disabled cashing.

Flew a Mavic 2 Zoom for an hour today with the glasses and Go app, there was no issue with overheating at all. Three batteries down to 18% or so without issue. Humidity was 95% r/c for the glasses was down to 42%, again big improvement. M2Zoom r/c down to 43% again big improvement. I then flew a P4P for 20 mins with the glasses and again no issues. Best result so far with the glasses and the M2.
But here is the rub, temp was 8 c.

I'm a little confused and would appreciate some clarification.

Latest Go4 (from Mov store) supports both M1 and M2. Are people indicating that the moverios, running the same app, flying a M2 gets HOTTER than flying an M1? That would not make sense to me. Does the latest version of the app and firmware attempt to lower the heating issue? I didn't see any info that indicated this was the case on the FW 1.5 upgrade documentation. Is this just observational, or is there something Epson has done?

I did not notice any change in heating after upgrading to R1.5. The device gets warm when flying or charging, but no problems so far. DJI Go 4.3.0 was working fine with the previous firmware and compatible with M2 also.

Quite recently gjmphoto the M2 with the Go app was on occasion resulting in serious lag. You would move a stick and the M2, I have the Zoom, would not respond for ages. See recent posts above.

I'm a little confused and would appreciate some clarification.

Latest Go4 (from Mov store) supports both M1 and M2. Are people indicating that the moverios, running the same app, flying a M2 gets HOTTER than flying an M1? That would not make sense to me. Does the latest version of the app and firmware attempt to lower the heating issue? I didn't see any info that indicated this was the case on the FW 1.5 upgrade documentation. Is this just observational, or is there something Epson has done?

Allow me to clarify, M1 can broadcast in 720P, native for the moverios.
M2 does 1080P and moverios have to downscale, results in overheating/lag.
M2 updated software has more crap in it, than my modded Go 4 for M1.

Feel free to correct me, I could be wrong all I know is M1 cool Moverios.
M2 hot moverios.

Allow me to clarify, M1 can broadcast in 720P, native for the moverios.
M2 does 1080P and moverios have to downscale, results in overheating/lag.
M2 updated software has more crap in it, than my modded Go 4 for M1.

Feel free to correct me, I could be wrong all I know is M1 cool Moverios.
M2 hot moverios.

Actually that would make sense. Thanks

Default video feed resolution on Go on a regular mobile is 720p.
4.3.0 crashes often on both my HTC 10 phone and Samsung Tab S2. Been waiting for 4.3.2 to show up. Anyone got a link to the apk?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42