DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP - RTH over water

tom351

Reactions
Hi, I have about 15 flights logged on my MPP. I have learned a lot from reading tips/suggestions here....and also from reading stories of lost drones- so I know what to try to avoid and how to deal with those situations. My question is about flying from a boat over a lake.... My question is about an RTH initiated by RC disconnection (failsafe RTH):

I understand that in this instance the MPP will ascend to RTH altitude and then proceed to home point....I am not clear on what it will do once it reaches the home point (assuming that I do not reconnect RC and override the RTH)...will the drone auto-land, or hover until critical battery and then land? I am trying to determine if I should use static or dynamic home point. Launching from a dock is not an option.

Are you going to be taking off from the boat? If so, it would be best to set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover". That way, you'll be able to steer the boat back toward your Mavic if it disconnects for some reason.

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Also, you'll want to make sure you land before the battery reaches the critically low level. At that point, it will auto land at its current location.

Reactions: mavic53 and tom351
Got it, thanks- I like that "Hover" option...also, great info at the other link.

In answer to your original Question, as I don’t think anyone answered it............on a RTH it will Land and not hover. Unless you have landing protection set to on AND it senses ground not level. In which case it will hover until critical battery and then land regardless.

Reactions: tom351
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure