DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CHAOSHUMOUR

Reactions
Hey Guys.

So I have just started a 5 week trip through Canada (from Australia) and my Mav bricked 2 days before I left.
Urgent help needed.
This is a bit of a follow on (with extra issues) from: Controller 'Connecting'

This is what has happened:

* Gimbal "overload error" and won't stay still when powered up (this seems to be common error on You tube)
* Assist 2 will not pick up Drone
* RC will not connect to Drone (stuck in connecting)
* Drone Wifi network does not show up on phone
* RC and Drone will not relink

How this started:
* Firmware mismatch. Update via App. Failed.

What I have done:
* Assist 2 - RC picks up and updates
* Drone recognised in Assist 2 - D/L failed (twice)
* Reset to Drone Factory Default
* Drone will not appear in Assist 2 or connect RC
* Reset RC to same version as Drone (won't connect)
* Switch drone to Wifi (doesnt find wifi)
* Tried to relink RC to Drone as per manual. (Won't relink)
* Linked phone direct to Drone via usb with App(nothing)
* Linked RC direct to Drone via USB (nothing)
* Multiple cables used
* Assist 2 installed on multiple PC's (Android and Windows)

So I contacted DJI with these issues. I got a this response back (note ( bought this through an Australian supplier and shipped from Hong Kong)

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Double checked for you, according to your serial number, it is a Chinese version.
As we do not support international warranty, you are recommended to contact your seller to check the exact status.
If there is any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!
Best Regards"

So DJI have effectively washed their hands of it, are offering NO assistance and I have to contact my local supplier (whom I have contacted). This doesn't help when I am out of the COUNTRY for 5 weeks!
Not trying to sound like a whinge. If there is any info on how to fix this issue then I will be stoked and will fix it. If there are any known vids, or forum fixes that would be awesome. I was really happy with the Mav before this. But if I am annoyed that due to a firmware issue, I am now carrying a $2000 paperweight through a country that I bought the Drone for...

Please help.

Cheers,
CHAOS.

Reactions: Angry Sunday
Who did you purchase your MP from?
I got mine from Aus-Cameras and mine was shipped from Hong Kong. I have contacted DJI regarding my 'Connecting' issues and awaiting a response but I'm guessing from the above, I will be receiving a similar response!

Interesting that you can't connect via wifi - have you tried turning off you MP, toggling the wifi switch and then powering back up? As initially I wasn't able to locate the wifi until I did this.

I'm keeping a close eye on forum.dji.com as well, as this has been reported by a numbe of users......

Hey Chrism.
Yup. Aus-cameras.

Bernie has been great. Emailed Dji response to them today, but 15 hours difference at the moment.
Will keeping you updated.

Sent from my E5823 using MavicPilots mobile app

how many batteries did you have??
Firmware mismatch could be the battery that was NOT in the mavic when updating.

Last edited:
Aha - I did wonder if the battery had anything to do with this - as everything worked fine the previous day but when I inserted a brand new battery, I stated having connecting issues!!

Would you know of a fix - or is my RC now 'bricked' ?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Aha - I did wonder if the battery had anything to do with this - as everything worked fine the previous day but when I inserted a brand new battery, I stated having connecting issues!!

Would you know of a fix - or is my RC now 'bricked' ?

Thanks!!

switch back to the original battery that had the firmware updated.
Try and reconnect back to the mavic.
Unplug the side shoulder port Micro usb cable. If you have both plugged in, it will disable each other!! USE THE BOTTOM USB PORT CABLE (use data cable supplied) and connect to your phone/flight device.

Let us know how you go

Thanks, I will try that when I get home. Just to confirm, when you say use the bottom USB - do you mean to connect to phone or to connect to computer?

connect to your mobile phone with data 3g/4g. it will then prompt for update in the GO app.
make sure battery is full charge on RC and aircraft ( will not update if less than 50%).

FYI.. I only use the PC/MAC assist2 to redo IMU calibrations. I much prefer the phone doing the updates.

Reactions: chrism
So, I tried the above and yes I do get a message in the DJI GO 4 app 'Inconsistent Firmware Found' and asking me to slide to update. I successfully updated but I'm still unable to connect to the MP.
Interestingly, every time I then turn off the RC and DJI Go app and restart, I get the same Inconsistent Firmware message - so the issue does seem to be related to the firmware. Furthermore, when linking the RC to the Assistant software on my iMac, I get another message telling me that I need to update the firmware.

So essentially whether I update it on the DJI GO app or Assistant, it still thinks it's on the old one.....I think?!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna