DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Music Video Shot Entirely on Mavic Air using Smart Capture

Wow, great job man...!!!

You saved some money and at the end you have a great video.

I am not really into Rap either but good job, like others have said it has a very catchy hook. Great job with the video especially being your first and with a drone no less... Bravo

Well done with your video!
In the UK a PfCO is needed for any drone video made on a commercial basis, i.e. if money changes hands to produce the video.
The guy who offered to make your video for 2k would certainly need a PfCO to do so. (Of he didn't, then he would be operating illigally). I run a video production company and would be surprised if a professional video could be made for this budget.
There is an exception however, if you are creating promotional material for yourself, then this is generally allowed as long as you stick to the drone code.

Nice work. Just shows how versatile these machine are. I started with an Inspire 2 but I've fallen in love with my Mavic Platinum. Great editing. Thanks for sharing it.

What is with the current obsession with 4K? I have started getting clients asking for it, yet they intend to publish on the web, to be viewed on a phone or laptop.
4k in 1080 looks better than 1080 in 1080.

Instagram - @ShauMichaelj
Hey Shaun.. first let me say that i never get tired of seeing people do their own thing and create, and your initiative to just buy a drone and shoot your entire video yourself is awesome.

It's not that i think those production prices were high... they were actually sort of very reasonable for pros, but its absolutely fine to take the reigns yourself.

I had a few ideas and comments. I've worked on a few pretty popular music videos and seeing your idea of JUST using a mavic air made me think fo some ways to get a few more dynamic movement shots with just the Air.

1. while shooting, stand back from the drone, creating more space around you. In post, zoom in, and then tilt the footage, so it mimics shooting dutch back and forth. Being an articulated gimbal, all the shots are flat, and movement creates energy (which is why handheld is still popular).

here's an example of 'dutch' on a video I worked on at :08 seconds

2. Set the drone to fly a circle overhead, and sing your song to the drone. You turn with the drone, or sometimes let it rotate past to get the background moving while you stay in frame. This would imitate a steady cam operator moving, while you keep singing into the camera.

here's an example of this I did on a music video, flying a I2 at :44 seconds.

you did a great job, and you can take my ideas or leave them, but I am excited for your future! Keep being creative in music and cinematography!

Reactions: Priest and FEMit
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr