DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My 2nd flyaway

Randy M

Reactions
The other night I sent my mavic mini up to just take a look around. My pre flight check found no flaws with my non oem props. The above link shows the drone spinning out of control when the prop broke. Just as I was getting my nerve back from another fly away, this happened. After the crash I continue to get " gimbal overload" warnings. After removing the top shell, everything looks as it should be. Anyway thought it would be fun to post the video link.

• Sad
Reactions: Wade L. and Dronut
Could you post a photo of the prop?
What do you mean by "non oem"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you post a photo of the prop?
What do you mean by "non hem"?
OEM = original equipment manufacturer
Refers to parts supplied by the manufacturer.
Would be good to know where sourced from, hopefully ebay or such and not MAS, probably the only non OEM prop maker I'd trust.

Grrr this auto spelling correction is good....... but not when it doesn't like unknown 'words'. corrected.

Thanks but OEM is generally used to mean non genuine parts, is it not? (Even if they are produced and sold by a manufacturer who also supplies the part to DJI.)
To me that means a copy or pattern part. So, to me, "non OEM" is a bit of a double negative type thing and could be taken as meaning DJI blades

• Sad
Reactions: RMS001
Grrr this auto spelling correction is good....... but not when it doesn't like unknown 'words'. corrected.

Thanks but OEM is generally used to mean non genuine parts, is it not? (Even if they are produced and sold by a manufacturer who also supplies the part to DJI.)
To me that means a copy or pattern part. So, to me, "non OEM" is a bit of a double negative type thing and could be taken as meaning DJI blades
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacture, cheers Len

It's the opposite. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, non OEM means the part was made by someone else but not the original manufacturer. In this case not made by DJI.
How the OP know the propeller broke before crashing? I would like to see the logs.

Reactions: kidroc and RMS001
The other night I sent my mavic mini up to just take a look around. My pre flight check found no flaws with my non oem props. The above link shows the drone spinning out of control when the prop broke. Just as I was getting my nerve back from another fly away, this happened. After the crash I continue to get " gimbal overload" warnings. After removing the top shell, everything looks as it should be. Anyway thought it would be fun to post the video link.
Sorry to hear of your problem, but this does not appear to be a "fly-away."

Sorry to hear of your problem, but this does not appear to be a "fly-away."
It's obviously not a fly away - it's a crash. But it is interestingly similar to another event posted recently, where a Mini exhibited very similar flight behavior - an initial spin at a bit less than 1 Hz followed by a crash. I suspected that the loss of one half of a Mini prop was the cause there and so it would be interesting to compare the telemetry. The OP hasn't been back to look at the thread though, so I guess he's not going to post the log.

Yes, it " flew away".
That implies that the drone flew somewhere .. not that it crashed because of a propeller malfunction.
I've been trying to figure out how to get flight log info for you with no success. As soon as can figure it out, I will share. Any advice?
But if this was your second, perhaps the flight data from the first one might help understand what happened and how to make sure it doesn't again.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15