DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My Area in 1950 vs 2022 from drone!

Yaros

Reactions
I found some helicopter shots of my area from 1950, so I thought to make the same shots with my drone but now.
Note: some of them aren't identical as I couldn't go above 120 meters with my drone (legally at least)
Here are the photos, I think it's pretty cool!

Cala Millor 1.jpg

Cala Millor 2.jpg

Sa Coma 1.jpg

Sa Coma 2.jpg

That's pretty cool. 👍

I keep thinking about purchasing Litchi and set up a weekly waypoint mission to capture the progress of stuff to make a time lapse video over the years of flights. 🤔

Thanks for sharing. :)

Yep, litchi is pretty great! I use it from time to time for waypoints.

Reactions: AVLJMA and MA2 317
Very nice. I did something like that from old post cards of our village\town here. It was amazing to see how much changed over 50 years.

Very cool, for the past year I have been working on 2021 pics compared with 2008 AP shots in the same angle and height, the progress really pops when viewed as a slide show,😁

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Really nice, thanks for sharing!

Pave paradise- put up a parking lot.

Reactions: Capt KO
Nicely done, some buildings have held up well over time. Amazing what happens when a road gets built. I lived on a dirt road in the 50’s thats a 6 lane highway now. Woods I hunted are housing developments. Progress sucks but there’s just so many people now.
I’m gonna find some old pics and try doing the same.

Very cool. Before / now pics really illustrates the unfortunate effects of global warming (increased erosion and higher water levels are evident, both of which can be contributed to the melting glacier ice fields).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji