DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My darling wife just gave me a DJ I Mavric combo pack.

Red Art

Reactions
I'm a bit excited, and to scared to take it from the box. I off to the outback next month and cant wait to use the camera, i here its very good. But in the mean time I" ve a lot to learn. Hopefully I can share some good outback vid,s I ,ll keep ya informed

Looking forward to watching vids - Brisbane QLD here.

Welcome to the forum Red Art.
Sounds like you wife is a sweet girl !!

From the sound of your forum name, you enjoy hitting the central regions of Oz ?
That red dirt is addictive.

Numurkah is certainly remote as far as Vic goes, off the usual beaten tracks.
I don't even think I have gone that route in any d drives I've done.

You're off to a good start finding this forum, as it's brilliant to learn from others mishaps, local rules to fly, and insights into the intricate working of these machines.
YouTube vids are also great for first time flying, slow and steady on that large, flat and clear local footy oval.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Stockmanager
Melton Victoria here and we too travel OZ outback. One tip for the Mavic watch out for the trees. Best way to get started is like MAvic_South_Oz suggested lots of YouTube videos.

I've had two minor incidents in two years and both were trees. Fingers crossed i've learned my lesson now.

Cheers
Ron

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I'm a bit excited, and to scared to take it from the box. I off to the outback next month and cant wait to use the camera, i here its very good. But in the mean time I" ve a lot to learn. Hopefully I can share some good outback vid,s I ,ll keep ya informed

Nice!!! If she wants a temporary husband to buy nice gifts for while you're gone I can stand in!

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Welcome. As a 1st time drone owner (M2P) take advantage of the beginner YouTube videos. They will walk you through visually of all features of the controller. Good to follow along with your own controller. Read the manual at least 2x. The controller also provides you with a "Beginner" mode. One last item... Learn to fly first! Then, practice shooting video/images.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Have a good play around to familiarise yourself with it before you go on your trip.
If you know what you are doing before you go it will be a more relaxing, productive experience.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE

From the sound of your forum name, you enjoy hitting the central regions of Oz ?

You're off to a good start finding this forum, as it's brilliant to learn from others mishaps, local rules to fly, and insights into the intricate working of these machines.
YouTube vids are also great for first time flying, slow and steady on that large, flat and clear local footy oval.

Enjoy.
You are so right, addictive is a good description. People get funny looks on their faces when my wife and I try to describe the beauty of the Outback, but those that have been just ... know. Going back next year with the caravan, can’t wait.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Get into a nice big open space (something you’re not short of down under :) ) and fly.

Just be sensible - make sure the battery is properly matched in etc - and in particular wait for the app and controller to show it’s in GPS mode and that the home point has been updated and then get some air time.

I may be in a monitory of one but I didn’t watch any YouTube vids before I flew as I don’t find they particularly help. Only stick time gains you experience.

My other tip would be to fully understand how the return to home works; how it responds to certain scenarios and then practice those and learn to trust it.

Many accidents could be avoided by having a thorough understanding of RTH and how and when to use it most effectively.

Most of all enjoy it. They are a great piece of kit and once you’re confident with it you’ll have a blast.

Welcome aboard.
Make sure to remind her that if something should happen and it gest sent to the shop, you need a spare :D

That is how I got 2 Sparks and 2 Mavic Air.

In my case, it really was her suggestion.

Reactions: Lyot
Your a lucky man! Welcome to the forum from the Sunshine State of Florida!

Enjoy.

You know where Numurkah, its a small town north of Shepparton,,,ooh Shepparton. So Im not that far away. Love S.A ,I,m venturing up the Oddanatta next month, hence the Drone.Going across the Great Central then back across the Nulla ,Theres nothing like the outback,thanks for your reply,chat again

You know where Numurkah, its a small town north of Shepparton,,,ooh Shepparton. So Im not that far away. Love S.A ,I,m venturing up the Oddanatta next month, hence the Drone.Going across the Great Central then back across the Nulla ,Theres nothing like the outback,thanks for your reply,chat again

Ood Tk is a great drive for sure, have driven it many times to / from the SA / NT deserts.
Was just up there a couple of weeks ago for a Lake Eyre flight (at last !!)
Now THAT is worth doing if you have a chance / make time.

We did a 7am flight, slightly customised . . . an hour over Lake Eyre and then south to the Painted Hills on Anna Creek Station (the WORLDS biggest cattle station !).
Seriously enjoyed Painted Hills from the air as much as Lake Eyre part, colours of Earth, wow.
$470 pp, but as said you will remember that a lifetime, great photo ops too.

A good cheap campground opposite William Ck Hotel (with van sites) and the pub meals are darn good too.
Arrive late, stay overnight, do a dawn flight, well worth it.

If you haven't done the Ood Tk before, PM me . . . can refer so many great places on the way to check out, shame to miss a thing.
So many great campsites, starting in the north Flinders (outside the NP and a short drive in, suitable for van).

Are you going GC Hwy all the way to 49 and south to 1 at Norseman ?
Have advice re GC Rd too if you need it, did part of that into Uluru at end of our Pilbara epic, and many Len Beadell goat track highways on a big trip last June / July.
We went over on the Nullabor too.
If time permits for a day trip, there is a nice side trip (if you tow with 4WD) down to Baxter Cliffs, leave van at BP roadhouse Caiguna.
HEMA 4WD Maps or similar needed.
If weather is right, drone flying that is awesome.

I flew, but the offshore wind was SO high, I dared not go higher than a metre or so above the cliffs.
Will go back one day for more driving in Nuytsland Reserve, it's nice.

Darn YouTube for somehow displaying this at only 720.

Just for the facts: After she gave you the drone, she did not confess the small problem with the car as she parked at the shopping mall? This little problem that caused the ca to now have a new and unique look?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki