DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My distance and height have been restricted?

In some cases that may work but I can`t log in and turn the Mavic on and then drive or hike out to a location for hours simply not enough power for that.
It'll work in all cases. Just fire up DJI GO and make sure it's not prompting you to login (you can keep your Mavic turned off). If it is prompting you to login, you'll need to do so from a location where you have an Internet connection. The login is cached locally on your mobile device, so it'll be remembered even after restarting DJI GO and/or your mobile device.

It'll work in all cases. Just fire up DJI GO and make sure it's not prompting you to login (you can keep your Mavic turned off). If it is prompting you to login, you'll need to do so from a location where you have an Internet connection. The login is cached locally on your mobile device, so it'll be remembered even after restarting DJI GO and/or your mobile device.
Well that would be great I will give it a try. I thought he stated in the video that the app login process returns full functionality to the Mavic until you turn it off - I will watch it again and thx singer I appreciate your guidance...

The restrictions are lifted after the Mavic connects to DJI GO (as long as you're logged into DJI GO). After that point, you can disconnect your Mavic from DJI GO (if needed for some reason) and fly with no restrictions until the Mavic is powered down. When you power it up again, you'll need to once again connect it to DJI GO to lift the restrictions.

The restrictions are lifted after the Mavic connects to DJI GO (as long as you're logged into DJI GO). After that point, you can disconnect your Mavic from DJI GO (if needed for some reason) and fly with no restrictions until the Mavic is powered down. When you power it up again, you'll need to once again connect it to DJI GO to lift the restrictions.
Yes that`s what I got out of the video. So for now when you have no cell service the restrictions will remain in place. I use multiple batteries and will power the Mavic down multiple times per session. What can you do this is a pretty big bump in the road for me anyways.

So for now when you have no cell service the restrictions will remain in place.
The restrictions will only remain in place if you log out of DJI GO and then try to fly in a location where you don't have Internet access. Don't log out of DJI GO and you'll be good to go.

It seems to me people are mixing up two different scenarios. As I understand it, you need to login to the DJI Go 4 App once from home.
From then on, even with no Internet access,
  1. you can power up and fly with the DJI Go 4 app anywhere and you will only be restricted by built in NFZ's.
  2. you can power up and fly with the controller ONLY, but you need to start the MavicPro with DJI Go 4 app running. You can then disconnect your phone/tablet and you will only be restricted by built in NFZ's.
Exception to this seems to be China.

Could be wrong, haven't upgraded firmware yet while all this shakes out!

I had this issue and checked the settings in DJI Go and it showed I had a max altitude setting of 120m with the max distance setting disabled so I couldn't understand why it was happening. So I decided to change the max altitude and distance settings a couple times. My theory was that the settings in the drone got out of sync with the app somehow, and changing them in the app might force the values to be synced back to the drone again. After that it worked fine. I'm not sure if my theory is correct or not (I also had the complication of switching back and forth between Litchi and DJI Go), but it's worth a try.

Log into or be sure your logged into the DJI GO 4 application while on wi-if. Don't ever log out. You don't even need the Mavic on, just the app.
Go to where you want to fly and you can turn off the Mavic multiple times to change batteries but as long as you don't log out of the app while changing batteries you will be fine.
When I change batteries I turn the battery off at the Mavic, remove and install new battery, turn battery back on and all good. I never close the GO 4 app therefore I'm never logged out.
Has been working fine for me on fw 700.

My max altitude is set at 120M. I am not in beginner mode, I didn't change any settings, I am not in a restricted area according to the DJI map, yet my MP will not go higher than 30 M or farther than 50M. Is this DJI's doing through the app?
Mine too sent it in

Do you mean logged into the DJI Go4 App or logged into our DJI Account?

Bud

I have been logged into my account from the beginning. You can log in either on assistant 2 or on your device.
Assistant ask you right away if your not logged in.

On device you need wi-if.
Open app.
Bottom right is says "Me" open that.
Upper right is settings symbol open that
Bottom of the settings it ask in RED "Sign Out"
Which means I'm signed in.
I assume it says "Sign In" if your not.
Then just never sign out.
I haven't played with signing in or out due to fear of something changing. Just being careful.

Did you try changing the max altitude a couple of times (e.g. from 120 to 110 and then back to 120) just to try and force it to re-update the value in the aircraft? That's what I was suggesting earlier. I had the same issue and that fixed it for me.

Reactions: Boblelezard
Well cant fly in my area higher then 30 meters and further then 50 meters away now even though I am not in a restricted zone.
And this all changed before new update.
Fly fine days ago but they must have installed backdoor restrictions earlier that took effect July first or something.

Fly your drone:
  • below 90 m above the ground
  • at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
  • at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 1 kg up to 35 kg)
  • at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base, or areas where aircraft take-off and land)
  • at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
  • outside of controlled or restricted airspace
  • at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
  • away from areas where operation could interfere with police or first responders
  • during the day and not in clouds
  • within your sight at all times
  • within 500 m of yourself or closer
  • only if clearly marked with your name, address, and telephone number

I'm OK with all of those ... except these :
  • within your sight at all times
Impossible to do when you are watching what you are filming on your screen (unless you have a spotter with you).
Plus, I can assure you guys that you CAN'T see a Mavic Pro over 150m away!!
Yet it says :
  • within 500 m of yourself or closer
At 500m you are way past LOS!!!

This last one I just don't get ... If someone could explain :)
  • only if clearly marked with your name, address, and telephone number ??????

The restrictions will only remain in place if you log out of DJI GO and then try to fly in a location where you don't have Internet access. Don't log out of DJI GO and you'll be good to go.

Sir, I talked my buddy (user name Bomberfan) into buying a Mavic and he has had issues right out of the gate. Now I feel bad because he was so excited, now so let down. Below is his post. If you have any ideas beyond exchanging his MP. that would be fantastic. Thank you very much.

Can someone please help?
I've had a Mavic Pro for 2 weeks and I've yet to get it to work once properly.
Issue is, video on my phone cuts out as soon as I start flying. If I test on the ground I can keep a signal for as long as I want. As soon as I fly, it cuts out. I get a "no video-return to home" message.
Menu on controller says: "Gimble disconnected" On the app home screen it says "disconnected" or "reconnected" if I repeatedly unplug and reconnect the cord from my phone (iPhone 6) it will reconnect eventually... until I start to fly, at which time it cuts out.. anywhere from instantly to several minutes.
Taking advice from this forum I've tried:
  • Reinstalling app (twice)
  • Moving cord from mini plug on controller to USB
  • Formatting video card.
Is it this difficult to fly a Mavic? I'm not technologically inept, could it be defective?
I've written to Mavic support with no response.
Which I find odd.
Would appreciate any real assistance.
Thanks

Issue is, video on my phone cuts out as soon as I start flying.
Here are a few things he can try:
  • Install the most recent firmware and version of DJI GO 4.

• Make sure the "Chanel Mode" is set to "Auto" in the "Image Transmission Settings" section of the DJI GO settings.

• If the Mavic does not auto return home when DJI GO shows it's disconnected, then try a different Lightning cable in the bottom USB port (preferably a certified Apple cable like this one).

• I'm not sure what "no video-return to home" means. If the Mavic is really auto returning home, then the remote controller is disconnecting. Try flying in a different location (free of any potential interference) to see if that issue can be reproduced.

Thx for the video great stuff! So much for flying out in the wilderness or the beach when you have no cell signal - What a bummer...

Are you still having trouble? Have you gone through the compass calibration correctly? That caused some problems for me at the beginning.

I just got an MP and, out it the boonies with no internet, I started up my iPad (no cellular capability on this one) and then DJI GO 4, and was able to fly a mile out over the forest and could have gone further if desired. There's no need to be logged onto any internet site while flying. You only need to have logged in once ahead of time and then you can log out. It also didn't have any trouble climbing to a 400 foot altitude above its takeoff point and I'm sure it would go to 500 meters, as that's the displayed max.

BTW, I have to salute DJI for engineering such a great product. The video connection was rock solid everywhere, even with trees between the controller and copter a mile away. I even landed it a mile away in a meadow. The video did blank out just as it touched down (that's expected since the ground has a big effect on the radiation pattern when so close) but I had set it up for auto-RTH which took over and the video returned as soon as it took off and reached a couple feet above the ground. Very impressive.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones