DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Experience - Road to Part 107 License

Johndronebusiness

Reactions
Hey guys,
I just passed my Part 107 with 51 correct answers.
I just wanted to share my experience and how I studied on my own for the test and hopefully it can help you to prepare for it as well.

What I did:
1. Really wanted to get my license and motivate myself and really want it!
2. Started with watching Tony and Chelsea Northrup’s video on YouTube. I watched the whole thing at one sitting and took notes... ( never watched it again until the night before the test )
3. Went through the questions on 3DR on my own after work watching Tony and Chelsea’s video to see what I need to more focus on and didn’t understand.
I did this test about 10 times in total, not kidding until I got all of the questions right and can explain WHY to myself.
4. After mastering the questions on 3DR I said to myself I need more so I purchased remote pilot app for $5 from the App Store and studied the whole guide in out, Next I started doing the tests, first I would end up 70-80s but I kept doing it over ad over and over, at work, on the couch, while in the toilet, in the car whenever I had free time! ( for about 1 week )
6. Watched tony’s Video one last time before the night of the test.
7. Wrote down the stuff I thought I’d really need to know and memorize on a piece of paper and kept reading it on my way to the test place, arrived there 30 mins earlier, read it over and over and as soon as my test started I wrote it all down on a blank piece of paper.
8. Read the questions carefully before I answered.
9. Finished my test in about 1 hour and then I wrote 1 to 60 on my blank paper and went through each question AGAIN and put a checkmark on each number for the ones I think I’m 100 percent sure after re-reading and checking my answers.
10. BAM happy ending and got congratulated for passing my test!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Have a great day,
I hope this will help people who are interested in studying on their own and have limited budget.

Really appreciate this. Congratulations too. So you find their YouTube video to still be relevant today?

Reactions: Johndronebusiness
Really appreciate this. Congratulations too. So you find their YouTube video to still be relevant today?
You’re welcome.
Yes almost 95 percent of material that was covered on 3dr, Tony’s video and remote app; they all showed up on the test.
Except a few that I had no idea about.
I think one was about barren ground on a hot day, something something
And questions like “ if you decided to fly your drone above the tallest tower, what airspace you’d be in “ those examples weren’t on my study material so I kind of had to figure it out on my own.

I forgot to mention one think:

I was a little nervous about the questions like locating the location of an airplane if they are headed blah runway, and they are at blah, where would they be? East, west, whatever.

I didn’t even have one question about this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli