DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rudankort

Reactions
Hello All!

I've been trying to shoot with drones since Phantom 2 Vision, but this is the first serious movie I have put together. Not sure what's the best forum for it, because I used both Mavic and P4P drones to create it. I take Mavic to the mountains with me when hiking, and I launch heavier Phantom from the car. There are also some timelapses shot with my Sony A7r.

I hope that you will enjoy it! I would also appreciate any critique, because I'm a complete newbie in filmmaking, and I'm sure I've made lots of stupid mistakes. :)

Last edited:
I liked it, really spectacular scenes. The only negative is that where the shots included boats in the foreground, because of the sped up footage I found their quick movement a little distracting. Nothing you can do except ditch those scenes I guess, which is a bit drastic!

Great quality and colour, very nice indeed. Well done.

Reactions: GooterFly68
Thanks for all the comments, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the vid!

I liked it, really spectacular scenes. The only negative is that where the shots included boats in the foreground, because of the sped up footage I found their quick movement a little distracting. Nothing you can do except ditch those scenes I guess, which is a bit drastic!
Great quality and colour, very nice indeed. Well done.

Great point about those boats. Some of these fragments are hard to replace, especially the one near 1:00 which shows the onset of clouds from behind the mountain, but I'll sure keep this in mind in the future. As for the color, I could probably do a lot better if I figured out camera settings before shooting, it was all done on defaults. o_O

Wow what a beautiful place. Wish I had mountains like this in north East Texas to film. Great job on the video

Yes, Lofoten archipelago is an exceptional place. It's not exactly my backyard either, terrain around my home is flat as pancake. :) But yes, for me it's a bit easier to get to Lofoten, it takes 2-3 days driving.

Stunning, simply stunning. I love that scenery and the music and editing was great

Special thanks for mentioning the music, composing it took quite some time for sure.

Went to Vesteralen once nearby very spectacular as well.

Freaking amazing! You could set the mood differently with different music, but this works very very well! Keep putting videos together, I can’t wait for the next one!

Went to Vesteralen once nearby very spectacular as well.

Vesteralen must be great! It's close to Lofoten and very similar in geology. Do you have any photos or videos from there?

Freaking amazing! You could set the mood differently with different music, but this works very very well! Keep putting videos together, I can’t wait for the next one!

Thanks a lot! I sure hope that more videos will follow, I definitely enjoyed making this one.

I was just looking into Norway as was keen to head that next year and i think this might have just locked in the idea :) love the footage, somebody from tourism Norway owes you a high 5 as im sold on the idea of going now

Reactions: GooterFly68
Hello All!

I've been trying to shoot with drones since Phantom 2 Vision, but this is the first serious movie I have put together. Not sure what's the best forum for it, because I used both Mavic and P4P drones to create it. I take Mavic to the mountains with me when hiking, and I launch heavier Phantom from the car. There are also some timelapses shot with my Sony A7r.

I hope that you will enjoy it! I would also appreciate any critique, because I'm a complete newbie in filmmaking, and I'm sure I've made lots of stupid mistakes. :)

Holy crap! Beautiful job my friend!

Reactions: thpranksta
Hi guys, thanks a lot for such encouraging comments!

I was just looking into Norway as was keen to head that next year and i think this might have just locked in the idea :) love the footage, somebody from tourism Norway owes you a high 5 as im sold on the idea of going now

Haha, those guys are too busy to notice me. But if you go to Norway, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: nicmuller87
The word "spectacular" gets thrown around a lot these days. I think here, with this video, it is very fitting. Thanks for sharing.

Incredible work there man! The whole video was breathtaking, you can certainly make drones sing. Thank you for sharing and thumbs up from Sweden

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka