DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My M3 Issues have all Cleared with new Firmware

I did some low-light flying with the Mavic 3 Cine and it seems to doing better on this newer firmware. I think they can improve it even more but the big concerns (moving on its own, lots of twitching) seem to be better.

Reactions: bkushner
I did some low-light flying with the Mavic 3 Cine and it seems to doing better on this newer firmware. I think they can improve it even more but the big concerns (moving on its own, lots of twitching) seem to be better.
I find the low light performance not what it should be at all for a 4/3rds sensor. Something isn’t right there. It’s so bad I doubt firmware will fix that, bad camera design I suspect.

Reactions: BaldyBoyBilly
The bad low light performance is due to the fact they put this sensor on a foldable compact drone. The camera is way too small, too compact. This sensor would work better on a Phantom where the camera can be much bigger. That M3 camera needs to be twice that size, lager lens larger aperture.

I find the low light performance not what it should be at all for a 4/3rds sensor. Something isn’t right there. It’s so bad I doubt firmware will fix that, bad camera design I suspect.

Any quantifiable evidence to show that Mavic 3's low light performance is bad? Maybe a side-by-side comparison with another drone/camera of the same price range?

The bad low light performance is due to the fact they put this sensor on a foldable compact drone. The camera is way too small, too compact. This sensor would work better on a Phantom where the camera can be much bigger. That M3 camera needs to be twice that size, lager lens larger aperture.
What aperture are you hoping for?

Reactions: Meta4
Not so sure about that

Not so sure about that
It’s low light performance is pretty bad, that’s all I know for sure. I’ve had 2 4/3rds cameras and they perform way better, but they weren’t miniature compact cameras either with tiny point and shoot lenses. I expected more from that sensor in low light, it’s just not there.

It’s low light performance is pretty bad, that’s all I know for sure. I’ve had 2 4/3rds cameras and they perform way better, but they weren’t miniature compact cameras either with tiny point and shoot lenses. I expected more from that sensor in low light, it’s just not there.
Can you post an example to show what you mean?

Example please?
You won't get any. This guy has rapidly turned in to one of those endless sources of misinformation. In this case, he apparently doesn't understand that only the aperture value determines illuminance for a given sensor size. His knowledge of optics, as with most other topics he writes about, appears to be minimal.

I don't know,there are a lot of happy M3 owners that love the low light capabilities.
I have seen enough samples that look pretty good to me.
No I do not own a M3 YET,don't have to.It is also pretty hard to make a folding drone with a larger as you said earlier
size camera.unless one wants to carry around a folding drone the size of a submarine.So in ending I have to respectfully
disagree with you on low light performance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones